HP Forums
NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition (/thread-19886.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - WallyEmm - 05-13-2023 08:24 AM

(05-12-2023 01:00 PM)jonmoore Wrote:  But @hiwi was referring to this seller: https://www.ebay.de/usr/gunterhartmann

He currently has a 15c CE listed for €171 - attempting to sucker sell to ebay buyers who are less informed than the average HP Forum member. And on this basis, I'd agree that it's a jerk move that sours Moravias efforts. He's basically applying ticket-tout tactics to the vintage calculator market. That's not good-old capitalist free market economics, it's a naked opportunist attempting to lure in suckers and he deserves to be called out.

According to his eBay US listing he has sold 7 units so far. Although in the body text of his listing he says "Delivery in July 2023", that is not made clear in the shipping details. The "Shipping and handling" section says"Delivery: Estimated between Fri, May 19 and Tue, Jun 6" to my postal (ZIP) code. The "Handling time" section says "Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment."

That sounds like intentional misrepresentation to me.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Hiwi - 05-15-2023 08:04 AM

Sorry for the delay,
yes it is gunterHartmann, he has several synonyms on ebay and the german ebay.kleinanzeigen portal.
Ralf

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Hiwi - 05-15-2023 08:12 AM

(05-13-2023 08:24 AM)WallyEmm Wrote:  According to his eBay US listing he has sold 7 units so far. Although in the body text of his listing he says "Delivery in July 2023", that is not made clear in the shipping details. The "Shipping and handling" section says"Delivery: Estimated between Fri, May 19 and Tue, Jun 6" to my postal (ZIP) code. The "Handling time" section says "Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment."

That sounds like intentional misrepresentation to me.

Same as with the HP-CL upgrade PCB, He offers them for 455.-- Euros. Last year for more than 800.- Euro !!

I tried to buy one from him, but he says: actually not deliverable.

May be he is a marketing professionel, adding some items as eyecatcher to redirect the attention to his other goods.

And he sent me an email, whether i am interested in the new HP15CE with links to his offers on ebay.

Ralf

PS.: I have placed an order for the 15CE at calculatorstore, i love this store.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Liamtoh Resu - 06-05-2023 10:52 PM

It would have been nice if they went after a larger market than just collectors. Another desire would have the the new hp15c available via amazon.

The swiss micro people have managed to reach a wider audience with their dm15l. Sad

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - rprosperi - 06-05-2023 11:52 PM

(06-05-2023 10:52 PM)Liamtoh Resu Wrote:  It would have been nice if they went after a larger market than just collectors. Another desire would have the the new hp15c available via amazon.

The swiss micro people have managed to reach a wider audience with their dm15l. Sad

How would they go after a larger market? It's completely compatible with an all-time favorite machine, much faster, more memory, known bugs in the earlier collector version corrected and quite reasonably priced.

I'm pretty sure many non-collectors will be buying them, because they are so damned useful and a great value.

Also, no-one has them available yet, they won't be available until August at the earliest, so it's premature to say that Amazon does not have them available. If that's still true by September/October, that would be the right time to ask about that.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - linq2008 - 06-06-2023 02:46 AM

Please provide PSE solution in HP 15c LE 。I've been waiting for too long!

(05-02-2023 09:36 AM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  Hi all,

Since we've started as official licensee for HP calculators, we've been working on expanding the existing assortment. We also wanted to recognize the long history of HP calculators and the ongoing commitment this community has with HP.
So, we decided to bring back one of the iconic models of the past and re-release this under the new Collector Edition series. I would like to introduce to you: the new HP 15C Collectors Edition!

Enhanced version of the classic HP 15c
After a 12-year hiatus, HP is reintroducing the popular HP 15c Scientific Calculator in a Collector’s Edition. This HP classic features a unique “Collector’s Edition” script, making it a great gift for collectors and engineers alike. The HP 15c offers users a high-end and portable, scientific calculator with programmable functions and built-in support for complex numbers, matrix math, numerical integration, and root solving,
which makes this device one of the most capable calculators HP has ever made.

Intelligent design, powerful processing
The new HP 15c maintains the same intelligent design as the original but touts up to 100x faster processing speed. Its compact size and lightweight metal frame allows users to conveniently carry the HP 15c from meeting to meeting. Unlike other scientific calculators, the HP 15c also offers an intuitive, horizontal interface, just like the original.

Product specifications
Programming capabilities include conditional and unconditional branching, subroutines, flags, and editing. Plus, users can program up to 672 steps of calculations (increased from 448). The HP 15c also offers direct and indirect storage in up to 99 registers
(increased from 67). This handy calculator operates using Reverse Polish Notation (RPN), reducing the number of keystrokes to complete calculations.

Many thanks go out to some of the members here that helped made this possible, which I cannot forget to mention: José González Divassón, Włodek Mier-Jędrzejowicz, Bob Prosperi, Eric Rechlin, Jake Schwartz, Namir Shammas, and Gene Wright.

I hope you're just as exited as we are. And yes, if this first Collectors Edition proofs as a success, we will certainly be considering more! Smile

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Divasson - 06-06-2023 05:17 AM

Hi, just to clarify regarding deliveries from The Calculator Store:

While the bulk of the production will be shipped by boat to Europe, arriving late August - early September, The Calculator Store has ordered 1000 units via airfreight, which -if production schedule is respected- will land the units in Europe in the second half of July.

This airfreight delivery is, of course, at a substantial cost; but we could not make our customers wait for 1 ½ month more!

So far there are 330 units left from the initial 1000 lot.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Harald - 06-06-2023 06:48 AM

(06-06-2023 05:17 AM)Divasson Wrote:  Hi, just to clarify regarding deliveries from The Calculator Store:

While the bulk of the production will be shipped by boat to Europe, arriving late August - early September, The Calculator Store has ordered 1000 units via airfreight, which -if production schedule is respected- will land the units in Europe in the second half of July.

This airfreight delivery is, of course, at a substantial cost; but we could not make our customers wait for 1 ½ month more!

Looking forward to receiving the two units I have ordered Smile
Thanks for making an effort!

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - vaklaff - 06-06-2023 08:41 AM

(06-05-2023 11:52 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I'm pretty sure many non-collectors will be buying them, because they are so damned useful and a great value.

They'd better be, after all it's the best small sci calculator ever, but I'm not sure it's widely known :-)

I ordered one immediately after the announcement. Since then I've been seriously thinking about buying and stashing another 10 or so and later giving them to my grandkids when they grow up to the first-school-calculator age. Is it a good idea? Or am I going too far, being in dire need of medical help?

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Divasson - 06-06-2023 08:59 AM

I have two children, one already in engineering school (3rd year) and other wanting to be. Both swear by the HP Prime, but I have not been able to accustom them to use RPN - even less to use the HP15c !!! They see no point when they have a good graphical calculator by their side (which they have always in their backpack)

Now, it has happened to them to find out there is no more battery during an exam - they'd wished to have an old, trusty, long battery calculator.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - JDW - 06-06-2023 09:23 AM

My son recently took the SAT with his Prime because it is in the College Board's list of approved calculators:

https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/sat/what-to-bring-do/calculator-policy

The 15c, however, is not.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - goosnarrggh - 06-06-2023 09:49 AM

(06-06-2023 09:23 AM)JDW Wrote:  My son recently took the SAT with his Prime because it is in the College Board's list of approved calculators:

https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/sat/what-to-bring-do/calculator-policy

The 15c, however, is not.

The list of approved calculators includes only graphing models. Just above the table, the summary of approved calculators is given as:
  • Most graphing calculators (see chart)
  • All scientific calculators
  • All four-function calculators (not recommended)

My interpretation would be that no scientific models, from any manufacturer, are specifically listed, because all scientific models are permitted. That would include the 15c.

Of course, to be sure, it would probably be wise to inquire about this particular issue in-person.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - KlaasKuperus - 06-06-2023 11:32 AM

(06-05-2023 10:52 PM)Liamtoh Resu Wrote:  It would have been nice if they went after a larger market than just collectors. Another desire would have the the new hp15c available via amazon.

And still many are sold already. Wink

Why would you want them so bad on Amazon? We believe 15C is mostly for collectors, and we want to respect that audience by using as well the resellers that belong there. The resellers and distributors that carry 15C are the ones that have been selling HP calcs for many, many years. Especially with José, he was a great help in getting the project done in the first place. Smile

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - rprosperi - 06-06-2023 12:21 PM

(06-06-2023 08:41 AM)vaklaff Wrote:  I ordered one immediately after the announcement. Since then I've been seriously thinking about buying and stashing another 10 or so and later giving them to my grandkids when they grow up to the first-school-calculator age. Is it a good idea? Or am I going too far, being in dire need of medical help?

It makes sense to me to try that, you just may create some new, young RPN fans. And even if that utterly fails, you still will some highly collectible items you can sell for far more than you paid for them. Remember that people (not those here, but after all, most customers are not members here) still pay $300-400 for an LE today.

Never thought about it, but HP Collector Edition models may be a better investment than Bitcoin... Wink

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Chr Yoko - 06-06-2023 12:27 PM

(06-06-2023 05:17 AM)Divasson Wrote:  Hi, just to clarify regarding deliveries from The Calculator Store:

Thanks, Merci, Gracias a lot for that effort even at the expense of their CO2 footprint....mine included.
Do you know that you can still carry goods by trucks from eastern China to Europe ?
It takes about 25 days via Kazakhstan, Siberia, Belarus, Poland.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Chumango - 06-06-2023 01:07 PM

(06-06-2023 12:27 PM)Chr Yoko Wrote:  Do you know that you can still carry goods by trucks from eastern China to Europe ?
It takes about 25 days via Kazakhstan, Siberia, Belarus, Poland.

These are coming from the Philippines

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - vaklaff - 06-06-2023 01:16 PM

(06-06-2023 05:17 AM)Divasson Wrote:  This airfreight delivery is, of course, at a substantial cost; but we could not make our customers wait for 1 ½ month more!

... especially if most of us can drop dead of old age any moment ;-)

Joking aside, thank you very much!

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - Thomas Radtke - 06-06-2023 07:42 PM

This airfreight delivery is, of course, at a substantial cost; but we could not make our customers wait for 1 ½ month more! .

Great news, thank you!

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - gth871r - 06-09-2023 08:22 PM

It's been a few weeks now. Any word about US distribution on these? I'd rather not pay international freight if I don't have to.

RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition - MavrikVB - 06-10-2023 08:49 AM

Hi all,
I just noticed that Amazon.de offers the HP15c CE as pre-orderable. Expected delivery date is 20 October 2023. Price is 129.95 EUR ...Seller is Amazon, so no delivery costs. I ordered my calculator a few days earlier from thecalculatorstore. It's good to support the small traders, so I don't regret it Smile.

Many greetings
Robert