NutStudio for MacOS to display register contexts
12-06-2020, 02:36 PM
NutStudio for MacOS to display register contexts
I have just been introduced (thank you Juergen) to the amazing NutStudio tools from Hakan - what an impressive tool set, I am blown away!

Being used to the SDK I really like the display of all the register contents, Hex/Dec mode of the CPU, RAM registers, etc as I single-step through the code.

I was wondering if anyone on the Mac has set up their Visual Studio or EMAC with a similar ‘ identical display of registers etc content?

Any preference / advantage to setting it up with Visual Studio or EMAC if one is familiar with neither? (IE which one is easier to learn with better features)

The primary use case for me would be to explore MCODE modules and write MCODE.

One last question - It would be convenient if one could write comments into the source code of an MCODE file while single stepping through it. It seems that one can send breakpoints via the mouse. But I was wondering if there is a way to say double click and then be able to ad comments to the source code which stay saved in the filed. This would immensely simplify exploring and commenting MCODE.

One last last question (related to the above) - do we have a text version of the VASM files which could be augmented with additional comments for example, especially for the card reader, wand, printer.

I’d like to finish with thanking Hakan for making these tools and sharing them, they are amazing! (Especially as they work on the Mac!)

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
NutStudio for MacOS to display register contexts - PeterP - 12-06-2020 02:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)