Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
03-05-2022, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2022 10:01 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
Well, they're in good company. Windows Defender has complained about Free42 in the past, and I have reported the false positives, more than once, but every once in a blue moon, it again decides it doesn't like Free42 Decimal. And then comes to its senses again with the next Defender update.

It doesn't have a problem with the binary version, interestingly enough, and that suggests there might be a bit pattern in the tables used by the Intel library that sets it off, since that's really the only difference between the two. But the trouble reports never specify what exactly it doesn't like, so I have no clue what I should be doing about it in the first place. Reporting the false positives over and over gets old.

(Or maybe Defender likes to complain about the binary version but leaves the decimal alone? Now I'm not sure, after enough of this the details get hazy. I also had problems with Norton anti-virus, it would sometimes even delete the executables right after Visual Studio finished building them. (And always just one of the binary and decimal, never both.) I had to stop using Norton in the end because I couldn't get it to stop doing that.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - Thomas Okken - 03-05-2022 09:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)