(41C) How to edit & debug complex programs?
04-15-2023, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2023 11:34 PM by acser.)
RE: (41C) How to edit & debug complex programs?
(04-15-2023 03:17 AM)Craig Bladow Wrote:  
(04-14-2023 02:44 AM)acser Wrote:  I am getting started with HP 41C FOCAL programming. What really is limiting
for me that even with BST and STP in PRGM mode it’s really hard to look through the code.
Does anyone have a better/faster process/workflow?
This is one of the reasons I created CC41. Programs can be edited in your favorite text editor. You can put multiple commands on one one line and use indentation to provided some visual indication of sub-structure to the program. TRACE turns on a trace mode when running a program and the stack contents are printed out after each step. The next release will have the ability to 'watch' the contents of registers as a program is run, or single stepped through.

Cheers,
Craig

Just tried this, it works nicely, thank you. A difference from the HP41 is that PSE commands do not allow for X stack modification. Also, it would be nice to accept the sequence "!=" as the "<>" (not equal) sequence Smile (+41CX on iOS generates !=) Thank you. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (41C) How to edit & debug complex programs? - acser - 04-15-2023 10:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)