WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory
04-23-2023, 09:10 PM
RE: WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory
(04-23-2023 08:48 PM)Garry Lancaster Wrote:  I notice you have 34 new functions, which I assume is to match the number of "operations not active in floating-point decimal mode

If my count is correct, there are 42 positions available, if unshifted A-F and the SET COMPL functions are included.

Quote:However, I wonder if it would be possible to also add the very useful ->H.MS and ->H conversions?

The list of new functions available was (and is) preliminary.. I've already added those and a few more to the latest work in progress.

Quote:This could perhaps be achieved by replacing the three separate DEG/RAD/GRAD functions with a single DRG key that can cycle through the modes. It always seems a waste to have 3 separate keys for that.

I prefer to keep them separate, both to match other HP models, and to make them unambiguous when used in a program. (Of course, looking at the program line will still have ambiguity with regard to whether the line is executed in an integer mode or FLOAT mode.)

Here's a new image. Due to some internal rework, I've lost the legend colors, but they'll be back soon.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
More labels? - brouhaha - 01-30-2023, 06:40 AM
statistical registers - brouhaha - 04-22-2023, 06:00 AM
RE: WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory - brouhaha - 04-23-2023 09:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)