WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory
04-25-2023, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2023 03:18 AM by brouhaha.)
RE: WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory
(04-24-2023 08:06 PM)Garry Lancaster Wrote:  Fair enough, I didn't realise the arguments had to match.

That's a result of reusing the same program instruction codes for the new FLOAT mode operation.

I haven't yet added the ability to have new instruction codes, e.g. for having more LBL, GTO, GSB. Once I have that going, it would be possible to have WINDOW behave differently in FLOAT mode, though I would still be reluctant to do it, because it would make looking at a WINDOW line in a program even more confusing than the other new FLOAT mode operations.

Maybe once the instruction code expansion is in place, I should actually assign new codes for all of the new FLOAT functions, and display them in a program line as e.g. "FL 42 A" for the FLOAT f-shift of the A key, rather than just "42 A". If I did that, then "42 A" would always be SL, and be a NOP in FLOAT mode, while "FL 42 A" would always be the FLOAT mode function, and be a NOP in integer mode. I think this would probably be better, but it's a fair bit more work, so I'm not entirely sure that I'll do it. Opinions on that are welcomed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
More labels? - brouhaha - 01-30-2023, 06:40 AM
statistical registers - brouhaha - 04-22-2023, 06:00 AM
RE: WIP: 16C firmware hack for more memory - brouhaha - 04-25-2023 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)