[VA] SRC #015 - HP-15C & clones: Big NxN Matrix Inverse & Determinant
08-13-2023, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2023 01:23 AM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: [VA] SRC #015 - HP-15C & clones: Big NxN Matrix Inverse & Determinant
Hi, Werner,

(08-12-2023 12:45 PM)Werner Wrote:  I saw this and promptly ordered a 15CE, which I wasn't planning to do ;-) (I'd request a commission, Valentin)

Congratulations on a good decision. Knowing you, I'm sure your new HP-15C CE is going to inspire you to create amazing code wholesale.

As for the commission, I'm glad to help José G. Divasson sell as many CEs as he can, he's done an amazing, exhausting work to bring this most awesome calc to all HP fans and he deserves all the credit, I'd never take any money from him. Kudos to his charming wife too, who no doubt helped him throughout this venture. And yes, I know you were joking. Smile

Quote:I have been able to shave of two lines and 4 bytes of his code, just realizing that the intermediate matrix E could be used throughout, no need for the STO MATRIX instructions: 27 lines, 29 bytes:

Indeed, very well done. And it's a tribute to the 15C's outstanding matrix instruction set that this procedure can be implemented at all in so few steps, and to the CE's memory and speed that this code can invert a 9x9 matrix in 0.8" flat when run.

Thanks for your interest and excellent work and have a nice weekend.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #015 - HP-15C & clones: Big NxN Matrix Inverse & Determinant - Valentin Albillo - 08-13-2023 01:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)