Poll: Which option do you prefer in regard of the HP Solve Quarterly Newsletter ?
This poll is closed.
I do not want HP Solve continued 3.13% 1 3.13%
I prefer an education oriented HP Solve 3.13% 1 3.13%
I prefer a technical oriented HP Solve 93.75% 30 93.75%
Total 32 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What ever happened to HP-Solve ???
01-17-2014, 07:29 AM
RE: What ever happened to HP-Solve ???
Hi Thomas,

thank you for your reply. I agree with you that there has to be some kind of communication if a specific market is to be entered but why do you think it is nonsense that pupils learn how to work with a graphic calculator? I remember a video which demonstrated an example math lesson held by an HP employee where the focus was on problem solving and the number crunching was left to the HP Prime (alas I didn't store the URL). Of course the precondition for such an approach is that pupils have learned the basics and know the underlying methods and could do the calculation themselves. If this precondition is met, I think that learning and practicing to use this for actual real world problem solving is very important, too, and in such a phase concentrating on the problem at hand and letting the number crunching be done by a graphic calculator is ok for me.

Best regards

Karl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ever happened to HP-Solve ??? - Karl-Ludwig Butte - 01-17-2014 07:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)