HHC 2015 RPL Programming Contest
10-24-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: HHC 2015 RPL Programming Contest
(10-21-2015 07:16 AM)Werner Wrote:  The only thing missing is units support, and that will most probably never make it, the 'sort engine' can't support it.
I'll see if I can upload it (well, them, as now there's a 48 and a 49/50 version, due to 'getwordsize' being unsupported and in different places. If anyone would know how to get the wordsize within an ASM program, independent of the model, that would be great).

Cheers, Werner

Good to hear you did some work with LSort, and IMHO unit support isn't a big deal, others may disagree. Unfortunately I am of no help regarding your wordsize query within ASM.

Did you manage to implement a "natural" order sorting algorithm for strings? Much later after our discussions it dawned on me that if I wanted a more "natural" order for strings (especially for strings containing numeric values) I could simply pad all the strings with spaces (or any character really) so that the content is right justified with empty place holders to the left, then the standard sting sorting algorithms would probably handle them just fine and result in a sort order that I would prefer. One would simply need to check for the longest string, then pad all other strings to the same length. After sort, removing spaces and be done with it. I never got around to benchmarking such a implementation with System RPL, but in theory it shouldn't take that long even for 1000 elements in a list.

Jacob
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HHC 2015 RPL Programming Contest - Jacob Wall - 10-24-2015 12:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)