hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018)
04-08-2018, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2018 03:11 AM by TravisE.)
RE: hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018)
In my experience, I think I'd call it average. The keyboard initially has a decent feel but seems somewhat fragile. I have a couple of keys on both of my HP 50g units that have gone mushy or crooked (broken hinges, I'm guessing, from age and some abuse). My older 50g, which I haven't used much, has recently developed a problem with some rows of keys not responding reliably (even if the key clicks) unless pressed with a bit more force. The silver coating on the arrow keys on both units has also begun chipping and peeling away with age. The battery compartment panel has thin, flimsy tabs which don't seem like they would survive much abuse, either. Rubber feet fall off and get lost eventually, but I've had similar problems with other electronic products.

The Prime feels reasonably solid, but to be honest I haven't put it through anywhere near enough use to get a fair impression.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018) - TravisE - 04-08-2018 03:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)