Wanted working HP-67 board
04-24-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Wanted working HP-67 board
I want to profusely thank Tony (Teenix) for all the hard work he did on my calculator to try to get it right. There might still be bugs in his code (or a faulty keyboard on my HP-67) but I have been designing computers (hardware) for a living so I perfectly know what it takes to get things right. I want to also commend Tony for having engaged in such a huge project of developing a new board and the software from scratch. This is pretty impressive and I am lucky to be able to benefit from it.

Last year I found my old TI-58 at my parents' place in France and surprisingly it still works perfectly. I remembered that when I was in college only the rich kids had HP calculators and the rest of us had TI (30 or 58) or 4 operations basic ones (we had to use slide rules and log tables during exams at that time in France) so, I decided it was time for me to get into HP calculators. I first got an HP-21 to learn RPN and then an HP-25. The HP25 is so quirky to program that it is fun. Then I moved to an HP19C which I use every day. It is very easy to use as I can find bugs immediately by printing the program.

I have been dying to move to the HP67 and I recently bought a couple of PACs and started to write some programs. However, the one I bought seems to be cursed. I will try to reflash this coming week if I can find the time.

On a final note, even If I do not post, I thoroughly enjoy this forum and all the regular contributors. Many thanks for all the insights!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wanted working HP-67 board - ThomasF - 04-21-2022, 05:42 AM
RE: Wanted working HP-67 board - teenix - 04-23-2022, 03:36 AM
RE: Wanted working HP-67 board - YoungerThanThat - 04-24-2022 11:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)