Improper (difficult) integrals at SwissMicros Calculator Forum
11-22-2023, 11:58 PM
Improper (difficult) integrals at SwissMicros Calculator Forum

Hi, all,

Some six of my difficult improper integrals that I recently posted to Namir's thread here about 16-point Gaussian integration, have also been posted a few days ago (not by me) at the SwissMicros Calculator Forum, where people there have struggled to compute them accurately (if at all ! .) Some comments (I have no account there):
  • Not all of them have been accurately computed, though some members (e.g. henrik) made heroic efforts; for #5 he provided an accurate plot, which looks terrific, and then he went on to provide 1,000 digits or so using Mathematica's NIntegrate, but regrettably it barely has * 3 * correct digits so all 997 subsequent ones are but garbage !. So much for Mathematica ... Smile

• The link above points to the OP's message with his results (and some of mine,) but there are 4 pages in all with posts by some members and even ex-members of this (MoHPC) forum, several dozen messages in all.
You might want to have a look at them and see whether your favorite HP calcs can do better than SwissMicros models ... or even Mathematica for that matter !  Smile

Regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Improper (difficult) integrals at SwissMicros Calculator Forum - Valentin Albillo - 11-22-2023 11:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)