For Sale HP-41CX + accessories
03-31-2024, 03:47 PM
RE: For Sale HP-41CX + accessories
(03-31-2024 12:41 PM)MichaelHarwood Wrote:  I wonder how much demand there is for this calculator. What price would someone want to pay for it?
Ebay sells them for around $400! Though there is one for $200

eBay sells FULLY WORKING units for that much, yours isn't one like that.

From your description, the upper posts of your 41 are broken ("I believe that the case is not screwed shut (none of them are?), and, alarmingly, it started opening a couple of times at the top. This is the reason that I bought the Math Pac module. Keeping the math module in place fixes this problem.") which is a difficult thing to repair and takes expertise and experience to do it right the first time. This greatly reduces it's desirability and value, though it is certainly better that you disclosed it now, rather than having to a rtn/refund later when the buyer discovers it.

The extra accessories definitely add overall value to your bundle, but if a buyer doesn't want to deal with a broken machine, even the extras don't make it appealing enough.

Many crazy sellers list dead HP machines 'AS-IS/For Parts' for prices approaching a fully operational one, knowing some community guys can fix them for cheap and then sell them. Such listings are generally ignored and then eventually acquire a 'Make an Offer' option and are sold for a small fraction of the asked price. I know as I've bought some like that.

If you're in a hurry to sell it, I'd say go to eBay or FBMP, but if you can wait, someone will likely make you a reasonable offer before too many more weeks go by.

Good luck!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Sale HP-41CX + accessories - johnb - 03-25-2024, 06:25 PM
RE: For Sale HP-41CX + accessories - johnb - 03-31-2024, 10:07 PM
RE: For Sale HP-41CX + accessories - rprosperi - 03-31-2024 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)