35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
10-30-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
Is your daughter in an engineering program, or is she in need of a decent (perhaps RPN) calculator. If she doesn't need trig, an Hp 17Bii is a pretty good choice. It has list based statistics and a solver that allows you to add a lot of features and the older voyager line is of excellent quality and fairly cheap to acquire.

Get the Hp 50g fixed if it is still under warranty. Sounds like you got a lemon, as keyboards on them are considered good. I suspect she would like that best as it is a big step up from an Hp 35s. To me, the Hp 35s is nearly the size of my Hp 48, therefore negating its value as a pocket calculator.

If your daughter is a calculator connoisseur, you might be able to find an Hp 32sii and that is a NICE calculator aside from a bit short on RAM (okay, starved for RAM, by today's standards).

You might also consider an Hp 19Bii, they usually don't cost a fortune, and unless she's a comp sci major, its a better calculator than an Hp 35s in many ways.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing? - Ron Ross - 10-30-2014 08:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)