35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
10-30-2014, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 10:10 PM by John Galt.)
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
(10-30-2014 08:58 PM)Ron Ross Wrote:  Is your daughter in an engineering program,

Not yet, just entered high school but I started her on the 35s five years ago, mostly to think RPN even during elementary math education. She prefers RPN to the TI her school provides and used the 35s exclusively. I'm the engineer, she appears to be going in the pre-med direction.

SAT test prep requires a good scientific calculator, so trig, etc. are required. The 35s is certainly adequate, but for the short time she used the 50g she liked it despite the Enter key in the wrong place :-) so a replacement is on order. I just returned the one with the bad key. Hopefully the replacement won't have that problem.

I have not used an HP Prime yet but from what I read about it, will probably hold off on that purchase for now.

The expense isn't really a concern. Anything is cheaper than the HPs I bought for myself years ago... $400+ I recall, then there were the memory cards, modules... etc. Of course now I'll be spending that on several calculators instead of just one.

By the way I sold the HP41 and 48 series for more than what I originally paid for them, so they really didn't cost anything. I got an obscene amount of money for a 16C.

Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing? - John Galt - 10-30-2014 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)