WIRED; It's Past Time for You To Ditch That Fancy Scientific Calculator
08-10-2017, 09:59 AM
RE: wired: It's Past Time for You To Ditch That Fancy Scientific Calculator
(08-09-2017 10:31 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  In full agreement here. Sorry, but these new generations of kids, semi-adults, 20-, 30- something adults have absolutely NO understanding, NO experience, NO appreciation for anything older than an iDevice or Galaxy thingamabob! They've NEVER faced the challenge of developing an AOS or RPN or RPL 100/224 step or 448 byte 15C program that included DSE/DSZ, ISG/ISZ looping, conditional tests & the 'do if true rule.' These kids have no concept of subroutines and return registers.

Sorry, but if kids are going to use a calculator, learn & understand all branches of mathematics, it would better with a keystroke programmable one in the realm of the calculators we grew up with.

Aside that as I wrote this is a double post, well if there is discussion, why not. I wouldn't generalize. I mean there are plenty of people that even 40 and working in IT barely program on a workstation that is way more powerful than a calculator(I bring personal experience here).

But there are also kids that do something. The point here is not 2-3 person but is the trend. I don't think it is really much better to use a browser rather than a calculator that is quick due to its input interface.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: wired: It's Past Time for You To Ditch That Fancy Scientific Calculator - pier4r - 08-10-2017 09:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)