Conversion from CASIO-basic to RPL
09-03-2017, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 10:25 PM by Gilles59.)
RE: Conversion from CASIO-basic to RPL
(09-01-2017 10:34 AM)brickviking Wrote:  Q1. Multiple var initialisation
I want to do a wholesale initialisation of variables, but so far all I've been able to come up with is the usual (for me):

\<< 0 'VEGE' STO 0 'MEAT' STO 0 'MISC' STO ... \>>

Hi,

0 {'VEGE' 'MEAT' MISC' } STO

See parallel processing in the AUR

Quote:Q2. Running with a graphical screen and menu (i.e. no stack display)
This is trickier for me, as I had to use a loop and GetKey() on Casio, making the calculator cycle constantly through the loop and hence use more battery. The reason is because Casio's GetKey() returns immediately, regardless of whether a key was pressed or not. I'm looking for a better option on HP-50g,

0. WAIT

Quote:[size=medium]Q3. Speed of GUI vs text
Can I run a graphical interface at nearly the same speed as a stack-based text interface? So far, to write onto the graphics screen, I do PICT RCL, create a tiny GROB with changed data, and use GOR at a specific location, save the PICT back and display it again ({} PVIEW). I can't think of a faster way to do this, and I'm sure it'll be slow. One other thing I haven't yet worked out (though this should be easy) is how to blank-out then write figures anew on the PICT.

Why did you " save the PICT back and display it again ({} PVIEW). " ?
There is no need for PICT RCL etc.
You can write directly on the screen like this :

«
{#0 #0 } PVIEW
PICT {#10 #10} "HELLO!!" 1. ->GROB REPL
3 FREEZE
»

Imho I dont think that using graphic is the best way to do what you want. Take a look at INFORM, CHOOSE, INPUT etc. (see AUR 1-37 ...)

To write program in user RPL for the 50g, I use HPUserEdit with Emu48. It's very efficient.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conversion from CASIO-basic to RPL - Gilles59 - 09-03-2017 08:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)