My HP41CV just arrived. Cleaning tips?
12-04-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: My HP41CV just arrived. Cleaning tips?
(12-04-2017 05:50 PM)Trond Wrote:  The wobblyness is a bit odd, as I can't see any problem with any of the rubber feet. I am thinking of applying a couple of thin layer of black acrylic paint on top of the rubber, to increase the thickness just a little (I have fixed plastic things with acrylic paint before, never rubber though). Alternatively I could try to tear the rubber off and reapply it with a thicker layer of glue. What do you think?

I have no idea really, I have not encountered a truly wobbly HP-41. Well, the few times it did wobble, most time it was solved by moving it to a different part of the table. The other situation was caused by the enlarging foot pad I described above.

I have an HP-41 here without feet here and it does not wobble, so if you truly want to go to the bottom with the problem, you may need to take the feet off and try it on truly flat surfaces to see if it is caused by the case or the feet.

If memory serves me, the feet are made of rubber with some kind of sheet material at top and bottom. This sheet is what gives the smooth surface and it lasts for a long time.

I doubt thicker glue is the solution, a shim is probably better in that case. Your paint idea may be good too.

Just be careful with what you expose the foot pads to, some chemicals may cause a reaction so that the sheet material separates from the rubber (a low tack replacement glue I used had this effect).

HÃ¥kan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My HP41CV just arrived. Cleaning tips? - hth - 12-04-2017 07:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)