[VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #22: April 1st, 2018 Spring Special
04-06-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #22: April 1st, 2018 Spring Special
(04-06-2018 04:08 AM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:   
Hi all,

As always, thank you very much for the high degree of participation in my SSMC#22 April 1st 2018 Spring Special and most importantly the high quality of your various inputs, whether individual or "as a team" (I like the concept !), which indeed managed to find the correct solutions to all parts of it, sometimes actually producing my exact original solution and at other times producing an equivalent variation thereof.

These are my original solutions plus assorted comments:

Thanks for the Easter treat with your SSMC#22 Valentin, as always very educational and this time even more fun than usual.

For the main course, I only got as far as noticing the examples all had an even number of digits. If I noticed that this was listed on April 1st, that may have moved me closer to figuring it out, but unlike Didier, with whom I share having no background in factoring Primes, I very quickly moved on to desert.

The conditions for Desert #2 pointed me quickly to the many unique Functions in the 71, but as you saw, that took a team effort to wrestle down.

Desert #4's solution is also quite interesting and satisfying; I had just started to explore some of these, having (re-)learned the nature of these flag functions on Desert #2, but didn't get far before JFG's brilliant reply.

A question for you true 71B masters: I thought all function calls (similar to '41 XROM) were 2 bytes long: 1) the LEX ID and 2) the particular Fn in that LEX (each ranging up to 255, so needing a full byte).

Yet, the answer to D#2, "RAD(OVF*UNF*OVF)" is clearly 4 functions but only 6 bytes. Hmph?!

I don't want to derail this too far from the main topic, but since 'size counts' I thought it may be relevant to ask here.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenge #22: April 1st, 2018 Spring Special - rprosperi - 04-06-2018 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)