Which programs do you actually use in your calculator?
04-03-2018, 01:36 PM
RE: Which programs do you actually use in your calculator?
Hmm, let's see...

Binomial distribution and negative binomial distribution get used frequently on many of my calculators. Ditto for prime factors (adapted from this old HP-67 Math Pac 2 program).

My 27S has a bunch of solver equations in it. Unit conversions, tapered IV rate calculation (trapezoid area, basically), drip-rate for gravity IV infusion, TVM with an introductory interest rate period, balls & urns (or "stars & bars") probability...

The 48G that I use solely as an alarm clock (due to a problem with the display annunciators) has a couple of programs for quickly setting an alarm for the next occurrence of 6:30 AM, or the next occurrence of the time specified on stack level 1.

My DM42 has a program for tabulating daily fluid I/O.

Also, I'm a heathen, and have a TI-84 Plus CE that I use often. I have an ETA program I use to estimate completion time of a process with a known current degree of completion and final value. It lets you select from several different curve fits, in case of a process that doesn't progress linearly. Comes in handy when I want to know what time I can expect SQL Server to finish restoring a ~1 TB backup. I've also adapted most of the algorithms in William M. Kolb's "Curve Fitting For Programmable Calculators" to the 84.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which programs do you actually use in your calculator? - Dave Britten - 04-03-2018 01:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)