HP-82104A Card Reader Repair Questions
03-12-2024, 04:32 PM
RE: HP-82104A Card Reader Repair Questions
Thank you Ralf for your replies.

I will try to follow your instructions to adjust the eccentric to get 200mA +/- as soon as I will be back from the slopes Smile. and will post the results.

I will be very happy if I can make these readers work again.

I already cleaned the best I could the plastic parts where the card goes through as well as worm gears and the heads. They were quite clean already actually, I was warned to open the card readers and replace the gummy wheel before inserting a card so the disintegrated wheels gum didn't go all over the place.

I tested with a multimeter the contacts to detect if a card is inserted/out. These work well. In fact we can hear the "click" they make easily. The cards appear to run through the reader smoothly in both ones.

However, in order to test both faulty readers I only had one motor/worm gear assembly working so I moved the motor/gear assembly from one reader to the other to run some tests. One of the readers had its clutch disintegrated and I don't know how to repair this properly. The bronze gear, when inserted without the clutch on the assembly with faulty clutch is off centered and is inserted very tight, is it normal that the bronze gear inserts firmly onto the motor axis or it should be completely free ? I would guess that it should be free

I have tried a few cards and it is the same punition with four cards I tested with. I have no error messages when I write cards on the faulty readers, but they can't be read on the working one.

Regards,
Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-82104A Card Reader Repair Questions - Papymouzot - 03-12-2024 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)