HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility?
10-02-2023, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2023 11:54 PM by johnb.)
RE: HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility?
Thanks, Bob!!

(10-02-2023 11:09 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Also, be warned that if you are speed sensitive and you like to run huge programs or ones then run for many hours, etc. and attempt to boil the ocean as so many others around here seem to love, you will definitely feel the difference, as the 48SX is definitely slower and you will see it.

But most often, for haughty calculation challenges like household chores and checkbook balancing, I prefer the 48SX too, especially those with the LCD replaced by a Black one from a later machine. Perfect aesthetics...

I can so agree about the aesthetics! And, no, I don't need to run huge multivariate integrations with a bazillion iterations to squeeze out every digit down to the ULP. There's PCs and Mathematica (and other tools) for that.

LOL, what I use my 48g for (and would use the 48s for) is to emulate a 16c but with a big stack display... or run my interval arithmetic library (which is pretty simplistic and computationally non-intensive). It's kind of spiffy for me to just enter approximate values and either a +/- error term or an asymmetric range about each value, and then do my computations and not have to think about how the uncertainty is calculated: it's done brute-force for me and I can see the actual uncertainty right there.

Oh, just remembered, I do date math on it, too. And simple complex arithmetic since it's so easy to both enter the numbers and read the results.

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility? - johnb - 10-02-2023 11:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)