HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility?
10-08-2023, 05:10 PM
RE: HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility?
(10-06-2023 10:36 PM)DavidM Wrote:  This sounds like a fun project. Let us know how you're progressing!

Well, fiddling with the 48s is on hold for a moment.

I've just found out that my proposed panel, "Anime Blinded Me With Science," has been accepted (again!) for this year's Anime Weekend Atlanta.

I need to "Get Crackin'!"

The last 3 times I did this, they gave me a 100 seat room, then 150 seats, then 200. Each time, we filled the room and had to turn people away! <3

This time, they gave me "prime time" = Saturday, 28 Oct, 3:15 PM, in the middle of the most-attended half-day of the convention.

And they gave me the Habersham ballroom. 500 seats!

Presentation to 500 people is not the same as 150-200. Not everyone can see you clearly, so you can't use a whiteboard unless you have a live camera feed to the overhead screen.

I'm digging out my green pointer laser (bright enough to see the beam in the night sky to point out planets and constellations. [Question: TOO BRIGHT?]

If any of you will be in the Atlanta area during that time, please consider attending at least on Saturday so you can join me and cheer me on! (And prevent my attendance from being 210, which would be REAL embarrassing!) The entire convention runs Thursday 26 through Sunday 29, if you're interested --- it's loads of fun and you might discover a new thing or two.

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility? - johnb - 10-08-2023 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)