Possible issues with random number generators for calculator apps
04-19-2017, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 11:55 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Possible issues with random number generators for calculator apps
Hi Namir. I did not want to criticize, and I believe I explained myself in a not so clear way so now I try again with more sentences.

I believe that exploring known subjects is crucial for a person, since knowledge and experience cannot be passed with a cable like in Matrix, one that wants to learn a new subject has to go through it as several people did before him/her. Only then one can hope to produce new contributions or maintain -- for example in a library -- the existing ones.

Said that there is another big problem that I never saw solved in my life. When one has a question I see at least the following ways to find a possible answer: (a) work on the question by himself and (b) ask the others (internet communities, professors, friends, books, search engines, whatever).

Now (b) is complicated. Because could be that the answer is known, but it is not known by the persons (or references) used in (b). Or could even be that the answer is in present in (b) - for example in a book chapter - but the person does not find it (this happens often to me, that I miss information in the AUR of the 50g or the user guide).

Therefore one has always to estimate the trade off: Is better that one spends energy searching or is better that one tries by him/herself? And when one searches, how long should s/he search? This I meant when I wrote "Is a searching day enough? Ten? One thousand?"

My partial solution to the problem is: I ask around if something I want to know/do exist, and in the meanwhile I work on it nevertheless. The I label it as "new, at least for me".

If you then say that you work on those subjects since tens of years, it is likely that you know that those are really new. (Another side question: what about publishing them in a journal?)

Said that, I remember a nice idea that I read 5+ years ago on another forum. Whatever the contribution, even if was the n-th duplicate, it could be always the first "door" on the concept behind the contribution for another person. I have to say that some of your publications are "first doors" for me, especially on the random numbers generators and their structure.

Therefore, even if my feedback is of little value, I would say that I find your efforts interesting!
Just one nitpick. Your older articles where in html form, that is easy to consume on a smartphone. Then you published pdf-s, still ok. Then zipped files with pdf-s inside, that is a bit cumbersome to consume as a reader. Could be possible to leave the pdf always outside the zipped package, so one can download first the pdf and then in the case the complete package?

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible issues with random number generators for calculator apps - pier4r - 04-19-2017 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)