Multiple Curve Fitting Program HP-41
01-12-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: Multiple Curve Fitting Program HP-41
(01-12-2018 04:54 PM)Graan Wrote:  I was just thinking to do some simple curvfit since I use to do it in excel for different sensors like NTC resistors etc. connected to microcontrollers. Namirs program seems quite advance. I just need to analyze say 10 to 15 X Y values.
Looking at Colbs program it seems not that hard to translate to HP42 code.
Im not familiar to curvfit theory just a user.

Maybe you should now explain what exactly you are looking for. The term "multiple" in your subject line is a bit misleading here.

If you say you have only X and Y-values you are obviously NOT looking for a program that does a multiple (sic!) linear regression. The latter means that the result is a linear combination of multiple independent variables, i.e. y = a + b·x1 + c·x2 + d·x3 + ...

So it looks like you need a program that calculates multiple styles of regression functions, e.g. linear, logarithmic, an exponential or power function, etc. Such a program is included in the HP-41 Standard Applications booklet that comes with the calculator. And it is also listed on this website (but without documentation and instructions).

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple Curve Fitting Program HP-41 - Dieter - 01-12-2018 06:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)