HP 35s Root finder
08-10-2014, 07:14 AM
HP 35s Root finder
Hi,

I've been browsing on the forum archives and came across a thread for a root finder program for the HP 35S, but unfortunately the link in the thread is broken. I was wondering if anyone of you have a copy of that pdf or might have the program on your calculator by any chance.

Here's the thread:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=212154

And here's the broken URL:
http://membres.multimania.fr/albillo/cal...eVA031.pdf

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 07:50 AM
RE: HP 35s Root finder
You can use the
[Image: logo_WM.png]

Cheers
Thomas

PS: I once downloaded all his Datafiles. Dave, is there a way we could make them accessible on this site?
08-10-2014, 09:06 AM
(08-10-2014 07:50 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  I once downloaded all his Datafiles. Dave, is there a way we could make them accessible on this site?

I think we should ask him or Datafile for permission (whoever owns the copyright), shouldn't we?

d:-)
08-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks a lot
08-11-2014, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 07:04 AM by d b.)
(08-10-2014 09:06 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 07:50 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  I once downloaded all his Datafiles. Dave, is there a way we could make them accessible on this site?

I think we should ask him or Datafile for permission (whoever owns the copyright), shouldn't we?

d:-)
Walter;
I used to write back and forth with a Brazilian forum member here and in emails, about English until he finally got better at it than I am. I also taught Joerg American dirty words at an HHC and was an English instructor in Bolivia so I have a history at this: When you said "I think we should ask him or Datafile for permission (whoever owns the copyright)" that was a good point and I'm sure it will be the first thing Dave thinks of when he reads Thomas' post too. When you added "shouldn't we?" it sounded, in English, like you were talking down to a small child and I know you didn't mean to do that.
English grammar, just another service I provide. We also walk dogs.
08-12-2014, 11:33 PM
(08-10-2014 07:50 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  You can use the

Cheers
Thomas

PS: I once downloaded all his Datafiles. Dave, is there a way we could make them accessible on this site?

Thomas - Thanks!

I had many of them but my Long Live the HP-11C file got corrupted. Shortening the search to "http://membres.multimania.fr/albillo/calc/pdf/" yielded everything!!!
The motherload of all VA datafile articles can be found HERE

Jeff
08-12-2014, 11:40 PM
(08-10-2014 07:50 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  You can use the

Thank You for the above link!
Valentin Albillo's articles are among the best ones we can read on calculator related mathematics and this specific article on the HP-35S root finder is excellent.

I have an HP-35S among other calculators, and I really enjoy this neat well built and reasonable featured machine.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)