Graphics printing with Diego's USB41-HP82143 printer module
09-04-2023, 10:00 AM
Graphics printing with Diego's USB41-HP82143 printer module
Hallo all,

Since we now have graphics mode available for the HP82143A simulator by Christoph Giesselink in his HP82240 simulator (supported by my -YPRT ROM image for the HP41CL) I though it might be a nice challenge to get this working with Diego's USB41 hardware module. Up to now it could only print text to a Windows based printer emulator.

I am happy to announce that with Diego's support I have succeeded to modify the firmware for the USB41 module together with an updated printer ROM. This fully supports graphics and text printing (to the simulator). It is available now with documentation and programming files at my GitHub page: https://github.com/mjakuipers/USB41-82143A . The USB41 hardware module is needed for this!

The updated firmware now supports the required printer status bits, while the modified printer ROM allows using flags 15 and 16 for NORM, MAN and TRACE modes.

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2023, 02:45 PM
RE: Graphics printing with Diego's USB41-HP82143 printer module
Hello Meindert!

I am amazed at your technical prowess.

I have tried USB-41 v1 (Prolific chip) and it is working, I will try USB-41 v2 (FTDI chip) tonight.

Flag 15 & 16 finally works. Cool

I will do more tests tonight, but extensive testing will have to wait until my HHC presentation on MAXX module is finished.

Thank you!

Sylvain
09-05-2023, 03:14 PM
RE: Graphics printing with Diego's USB41-HP82143 printer module
Hi Meindert,

Congratulations to Christoph and you for this achievement. Kudos!

And thanks for the credit to my small contribution. :-D

All the best from Spain.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)