Comp.sys.HP48 - Lots of Span!
10-08-2023, 03:47 PM
Comp.sys.HP48 - Lots of Span!
I reached the comp.sys.hp48 yesterday and was scared for so many posts in a foreign language that I don't know, along side with many spam posts not related to calculators, and I doubt that the foreign language post is at least about calculators.

So I ask if someone know how to clean up this site, so important to us, or at least contact someone, a moderator, if they exist, to take care of the issue.

I think that comp.sys.hp48 deserves all the respect and care for us, the HP calculator community.

TIA

Cheers

JL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2023, 04:46 PM
RE: Comp.sys.HP48 - Lots of Span!
comp.sys.hp48 is a Usenet news group, and is such a decentralized thing, so there is no central place to appeal to to clean out the "chaff". There are some Usenet server admins who are somewhat trusted to send cancellation messages to try and clean things up, but no Usenet server is obligated to follow through. The use of "kill files" with the appropriate rules can help filter out this type of off topic material, but that depends on the method you use to read the group.
10-09-2023, 05:03 PM
RE: Comp.sys.HP48 - Lots of Span!
The vast majority of Usenet spam comes from people posting via googlegroups, as is the case here. So simply set your filters to ignore googlegroups.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)