VCF East Meet-up - Sat, April 13th in Wall NJ
04-04-2024, 07:02 PM
VCF East Meet-up - Sat, April 13th in Wall NJ
VCF East will be held on April 12-14th in Wall, NJ in the normal location.

If you're in the NY/NJ/Philliy area that weekend and are even a minor fan of vintage computing (of all kinds) then you should try to attend this event. There are conference presentations, workshops, lots of great exhibits and even a vendor area where all kinds of vintage stuff is available for purchase (I got a beautiful, working HP-35 there once for $50). Lots of junk there too...

Jake Schwartz, Dave Hayden and myself usually attend every year, and several other members here at MoHPC have attended in prior years. At least Jake and I will be there this year, planning to arrive Saturday at 10:00am. PM or email either of us if you'd like to attend and try to meet. Depending on your immersion goals, you can spend from several hours to a full day there (there is food available for purchase, but limited selection and the location is a bit isolated, i.e. nothing to walk to for other food)

Warning - it rains every single year on the day VCF East is held.

All details are available here:

https://vcfed.org/events/vintage-compute...ival-east/

Hope to see you there!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2024, 11:37 PM
RE: VCF East Meet-up - Sat, April 13th in Wall NJ
Wow, thanks for posting this. Maybe I can finally get to one, I mean, I've living in the area for longer than some of the exhibits there Smile

Anyone in Manhattan or within public-transit reach from Manhattan going? Can I hitch a ride? I don't drive, and there is no easy way to get there by public transit (it's three trains to Belmar, then a Lyft ride).

Also, is it customary for attendees to bring stuff with them to possibly swap?
04-05-2024, 12:26 PM
RE: VCF East Meet-up - Sat, April 13th in Wall NJ
(04-04-2024 11:37 PM)John Ioannidis Wrote:  Also, is it customary for attendees to bring stuff with them to possibly swap?

Probably not, though I can't be 100% sure. I have seen people walking around carrying stuff, but I've assumed it was stuff they purchased there. Swapping with other random attendees surely could happen, but the vendors there seem far more interested in getting rid of stuff than acquiring it, but you know how vintage equipment folks can be when they see some long sought after jewel (aka other people's trash).

--Bob Prosperi
04-12-2024, 07:36 PM
Reminder: VCF East Meet-up - Sat, April 13th in Wall NJ
Reminder to those in NY/NJ area to attend VCF East this weekend if you can. We hope to see you there.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)