Sharp OZ-707 BASIC Card
05-15-2024, 08:21 PM
Sharp OZ-707 BASIC Card
Can the OZ-707 BASIC card access any of the host's memory or is it limited to the 32K onboard? I looked through the manual and I can't see any way to use more than 32K but I could have missed something. Even if there's no way documented, sometimes there are undocumented ways of doing things. It seems a shame to waste the 128K in my OZ-8200 when I'm in BASIC (which is 100% of the time)

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2024, 07:56 PM
RE: Sharp OZ-707 BASIC Card
Nothing for officially-sanctioned use of the internal memory. All cards only use their own internal memory (if any) for storage. I believe it may be possible to PEEK/POKE the organizer's main memory, though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2024, 09:26 PM
RE: Sharp OZ-707 BASIC Card
(05-19-2024 07:56 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Nothing for officially-sanctioned use of the internal memory. All cards only use their own internal memory (if any) for storage. I believe it may be possible to PEEK/POKE the organizer's main memory, though.

Yes, you can PEEK and POKE the main (PIM data) RAM of the organizer it's running in. This was proven the day after Joe Horn received the OZ-707 BASIC card I sent him, probably in 1989. It was demo'd in a program which located and displayed the SECRET Password. What else would the first such program do.... Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)