Classic battery door latch 3d model?
12-21-2016, 03:27 AM
RE: Classic battery door latch 3d model?
When I last tweaked the latch (sliders on the batter door for a classic series calculator) model for the classic door, it reset the success counter, since this "new model", same as the old model, has not printed it is not available to the public. I will order some with my next order which should provide the success and clear up the issue, but it may be a while due to the holidays.

If anyone wants a copy of the model to print for themselves, just PM me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2016, 05:41 PM
I added a bunch of models on the shapeways site this morning. The Spice battery door is not yet available as I re-drew the model for thicker walls.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/wants_beer
01-02-2017, 02:25 AM
(12-31-2016 05:41 PM)Nate Martin Wrote:  I added a bunch of models on the shapeways site this morning.

Wow!

Thanks for the HP-75 front port cover, I just bought several.
If you have free time and are willing to create them, lots of HP-75 are also missing ...
- HP-75C/D Computer battery door cover
- HP-82718A Expansion Pod battery door cover

What's the difference between these two modules ?
- HP-71 Front Port Module Sysrom3 (4YQCBSGSP)
and
- HP-71 Front Port Module Sysrom4 (754YSCSR5)

Also, I am not quite sure I understand the difference between these ?
- HP-41 Battery Cover LiPO Top (TE6GHF473) + Bottom (ABV4TJ869)
and
- HP-41 Battery Cover LiPO Pt 3 (V4A78FP7C)

Thank you very much Nate for designing these items.

Best regards,

Sylvain
01-02-2017, 03:58 PM
(01-02-2017 02:25 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  What's the difference between these two modules ?
and

Also, I am not quite sure I understand the difference between these ?
- HP-41 Battery Cover LiPO Top (TE6GHF473) + Bottom (ABV4TJ869)
and
- HP-41 Battery Cover LiPO Pt 3 (V4A78FP7C)

and

sysrom4 I added small nubs on the side to increase friction to keep in place better if I don't have the jumper wire in place for the fram module (originally designed for the fram sysrom jumper, I just use them for all missing ports) and also includes a small opening to place a switch for the jumper

the HP-41 Battery Cover LiPO Top (TE6GHF473) + Bottom (ABV4TJ869) makes a complete enclosed shell that can be glued up, the HP-41 Battery Cover LiPO Pt 3 (V4A78FP7C) is a complete shell open at the bottom to allow more space.

Next time i take apart a HP75 I will get some inner dimensions and make the other covers.
01-03-2017, 12:43 PM
(01-02-2017 03:58 PM)Nate Martin Wrote:  sysrom4 I added small nubs on the side to increase friction to keep in place better if I don't have the jumper wire in place for the fram module (originally designed for the fram sysrom jumper, I just use them for all missing ports) and also includes a small opening to place a switch for the jumper

I think this is the description for the sysrom module as the sysrom4 module has no switch/jumper opening nor nubs that I can see.
01-28-2017, 02:18 AM
Hello Nate,

I have received my 3D printed items order today.

The HP-75 front cover module is perfect (Picture #1, Picture #2, Picture #3).

The HP-71B HP-IL cover depth should be reduce a bit. (original cover, 3D print cover)

All the other items that was part of my order are also perfect: HP-25 battery holder, HP-41 side cover, etc. 8-)

Sylvain
02-12-2017, 06:45 PM
(12-31-2016 05:41 PM)Nate Martin Wrote:  ... The Spice battery door is not yet available as I re-drew the model for thicker walls.

Did you make any progress? When could it be available? Still highly needed, tensely waiting!

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
03-01-2017, 05:52 AM
(02-12-2017 06:45 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(12-31-2016 05:41 PM)Nate Martin Wrote:  ... The Spice battery door is not yet available as I re-drew the model for thicker walls.

Did you make any progress? When could it be available? Still highly needed, tensely waiting!

Bernhard

Opps, I am so sorry. They should now be available. The R4 version is a little thicker, thus less flexable.
03-01-2017, 10:45 AM
(03-01-2017 05:52 AM)Nate Martin Wrote:  Opps, I am so sorry. They should now be available. The R4 version is a little thicker, thus less flexable.

Just ordered! Thanks
Bernhard

03-10-2017, 02:42 PM
(03-01-2017 10:45 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 05:52 AM)Nate Martin Wrote:  Opps, I am so sorry. They should now be available. The R4 version is a little thicker, thus less flexible.

Just ordered! Thanks
Bernhard

Hi Nate

Today I received four Spice battery doors Rev 4. I'm very happy with it. They fit very well and look very nice. Making the material stronger does make a difference. Now all of my Spice calculators have got a battery door. I also got a white woodstock battery holder. Obviously it is not the original color, but perfectly restores a missing battery case.

Thank you so much for making them available.

Bernhard

03-11-2017, 03:06 PM
I am so glad they work well.
04-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Nate,

Great work! Is the price for the classic battery door latches for 6 latches or only 1 latch?

Thanks.

John
05-12-2017, 04:09 PM
(04-13-2017 02:39 PM)JPOPatents Wrote:  Nate,

Great work! Is the price for the classic battery door latches for 6 latches or only 1 latch?

Thanks.

John
I wondered the same thing. I figured it must be for 6 as $16.41 seemed a bit steep for one. I have several classics with missing or broken latches, so figuring it was worth the risk, I went ahead and ordered. A package arrived yesterday containing 6 latches.

They are nice little pieces, essentially identical in size and shape to the original, and fit the battery door quite well. They even have a "well" for a rubber footpad to be installed if desired. My only comment on the design is that they lack the small bevel on the back edge of the "foot" that actually catches on the raised hump on the battery door. The door actually has two humps, one rounded and one sharp. When the latch is slid outward, the foot lifts over the round hump and catches on the sharp hump to keep it from extending too far. Without the bevel, the replacement foot does not drop down as far to catch as tightly on the sharp hump. This doesn't seem to affect the function of the latch and may not be worth worrying about. I may try to create the bevel with a file on one of my latches to see if it make as any difference. Regardless of this one small item, they are way better than the alternative of a missing latch or a latch on which the foot has broken.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
05-12-2017, 04:18 PM
While I am in this thread, I have a question. There was mention above of a replacement battery door for the 75. Any progress on that front? I have three 75's with missing doors that I picked up at a hamfest years ago. They are ATT branded versions and came with the pod attached. I figured out how to remove the pod, but with the pod the battery door is gone, so I could use a door or two to let me go podless.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
05-15-2017, 04:01 AM
(05-12-2017 04:18 PM)Jeff O. Wrote:  While I am in this thread, I have a question. There was mention above of a replacement battery door for the 75. Any progress on that front? I have three 75's with missing doors that I picked up at a hamfest years ago. They are ATT branded versions and came with the pod attached. I figured out how to remove the pod, but with the pod the battery door is gone, so I could use a door or two to let me go podless.

Sorry, I never got around to modeling it. But since I have one to take measurements from, I will try to get it modeled by the end of the month.
06-17-2017, 04:09 AM
I have modeled the HP-75 battery door and have one ordered from shapeways for fit check, so hopefully it will be ready for others to order by the end of the month.
06-17-2017, 12:49 PM
(06-17-2017 04:09 AM)Nate Martin Wrote:  I have modeled the HP-75 battery door and have one ordered from shapeways for fit check, so hopefully it will be ready for others to order by the end of the month.

This is great.
I was readying another ShapeWays order for the HP-75 front cover modules but I will wait a bit to include a couple of that battery door.
Thank you!
Sylvain
06-17-2017, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2017 07:45 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
71B Front Port Covers
I have a request for 71 front-port covers. The desired features would be reduced "shelf" area, compared to the current modules, which will not require as much material, reducing cost. This makes the sides more springy so that a detent bump can be added like the one on the stock port cover.

TIA, Dave
06-20-2017, 04:07 AM
(06-17-2017 07:42 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I have a request for 71 front-port covers. The desired features would be reduced "shelf" area, compared to the current modules, which will not require as much material, reducing cost. This makes the sides more springy so that a detent bump can be added like the one on the stock port cover.

TIA, Dave

Details on what you mean by reduced shelf area?
06-20-2017, 04:43 AM
The rectangular area I tried to sketch, below. Removing it would make the sides more flexible so that bumps could be added as indicated by the arrows. The stock port cover exhibits a detent as the bumps extend past the case housing when a cover is inserted. Just look at a stock port cover.

[Image: 2vkntvl.jpg]

Dave

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)