Cleaning inside a HP 11C
04-19-2017, 04:59 PM
Cleaning inside a HP 11C
I have a 11C with a little sticky hard-to-push buttons and I want to clean the calculator under the keys without taking apart. Have you got any idea or good advice how to make it without any damage inside?!
Simple clening methods, solvents or water, etc...?!

Thanks for any idea, link, photo...

Csaba
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: Cleaning inside a HP 11C
(04-19-2017 04:59 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  I have a 11C with a little sticky hard-to-push buttons and I want to clean the calculator under the keys without taking apart. Have you got any idea or good advice how to make it without any damage inside?!
Simple clening methods, solvents or water, etc...?!

Thanks for any idea, link, photo...

Csaba

Hi,

See Geoff's method:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=139202

-Bart

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the tips, I have used very similar method, unfortunately I get some vapor behind the LCD and some water remains inside, because I got low battery flashing sign after 10-15 mins.

So I must to use hot air to dry the unit perfectly. I guess nothing inside went wrong, this is similar, when water condensed inside the cold calculator and it can be dry.

Csaba
04-20-2017, 08:14 AM
Finally I have removed the back and I can see why I can't to dry it as easy as my 12C earlier: It has lots of black foils everywhere, therefore no possibility to comes out the water droplets from the calculator.
It requires more time to dry it successfully, I guess... Sad

Csaba

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)