Oh, The Humanity!
03-07-2014, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 11:04 PM by Mark Hardman.)
Oh, The Humanity!
This is going to give me nightmares for the next week!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=361]

The image is courtesy of TAS.

Mark Hardman

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: Oh, The Humanity!
Also courtesy of TAS ...
[Image: $_57.JPG][Image: 741280022_tp.jpg]

From Tel aviv. Musta been hit by a bomb.
03-08-2014, 02:07 AM
I got some of those from Tel Aviv seems they where used for some military application judgeing by the EPROM module that was still in one, I suspect they where purposely destroyed, but I salvaged a number of good parts from the ones I got.
03-08-2014, 02:14 AM
I wonder if those are listed as "untested" since they don't have the batteries around?
03-08-2014, 09:05 AM
(03-08-2014 02:14 AM)Gene Wrote:  I wonder if those are listed as "untested" since they don't have the batteries around?

Big Grin Thanks for that!
03-08-2014, 11:54 AM
They are good for parts ... used to create a Frankenstein41C.

:-)

Namr
03-08-2014, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 04:49 PM by Onur ILKORUR.)
Really, what were they thinking while they were intentionally destroying these calculators? Isn't it obvious for a 21st century human being that, when you remove the packs and the batteries from those devices there will be nothing remaining in the memory. Why going on destroying the device?

Although in some calculators the mainboards were not damaged, I couldn't get them to work. I've bought 2 pairs (they were being sold in pairs before) of those calculators at different times (learned my lesson and didn't try for the third time) and all 4 mainboards were dead. I think they mess up with the electronics before advancing to the cosmetics.

Pity ...
Onur
03-08-2014, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 06:16 PM by aurelio.)
I've seen it today on TAS and actually I was wondering which kind of weapon could have done such tremendous wound, maybe some heating source, fire or other.....maybe a flamethrower.....................
03-10-2014, 01:43 AM
(03-08-2014 06:13 PM)aurelio Wrote:  I've seen it today on TAS and actually I was wondering which kind of weapon could have done such tremendous wound, maybe some heating source, fire or other.....maybe a flamethrower.....................
My guess: Sharks with lasers
03-10-2014, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 08:44 PM by aurelio.)
(03-10-2014 01:43 AM)Stefan Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 06:13 PM)aurelio Wrote:  I've seen it today on TAS and actually I was wondering which kind of weapon could have done such tremendous wound, maybe some heating source, fire or other.....maybe a flamethrower.....................
My guess: Sharks with lasers

Austin Powers, I love that motion picture
03-11-2014, 12:46 AM
(03-08-2014 02:07 AM)Paul Berger (Canada) Wrote:  I got some of those from Tel Aviv seems they where used for some military application judgeing by the EPROM module that was still in one, I suspect they where purposely destroyed, but I salvaged a number of good parts from the ones I got.
Were they possibly that hp41 based NATO artillery computer? I remember reading that the exterior "battle case" lived up to its name.

BTW: dead motherboards are no obstacle when you are building a 41CL.
03-11-2014, 02:17 AM
It is possible that they where used for artillery, but I do believe there was also an airborne application to. I did dump the ROM but I don't recall exactly what I found now nor do I know where the image is any more. Israel is not a NATO member country.

All of the ones that I have purchased and seen advertised have been half-nuts and there is always physical damage done to the case so are useless for CL mod.
03-24-2014, 06:58 PM

I picked up a half-nut CX that was screen and case damaged, but intended to use the timing module on a CL conversion. After hearing back from Monte Dalrymple on the contact pads for the 41CL and looking at the space in the HP41 case I fell back on a old standby..altoids tin. I had already had a test case made up with a module case I received via the forums. I just had to add the timing module and jumper cables on the underside of the proto-board and it became alive. Next mod will be to add a 3v button battery to keep voltage on the circuit and test if it retains date & time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)