Is DUP TLINE a reliable pixel toggler?
06-12-2017, 01:30 AM
Is DUP TLINE a reliable pixel toggler?
To toggle a pixel on the HP 50g, is DUP TLINE reliable? Does it ever fail to toggle exactly one pixel? It seems to be more efficient than IF DUP PIX? THEN PIXOFF ELSE PIXON END but I just want to be sure.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. My knowledge of RPL is rapidly fading due to lack of use.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: Is DUP TLINE a reliable pixel toggler?
(06-12-2017 01:30 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  To toggle a pixel on the HP 50g, is DUP TLINE reliable? Does it ever fail to toggle exactly one pixel? It seems to be more efficient than IF DUP PIX? THEN PIXOFF ELSE PIXON END but I just want to be sure.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. My knowledge of RPL is rapidly fading due to lack of use.

I just ran through a series of tests with this, using both absolute coordinates and user coordinates, and it seemed to always toggle 1 pixel in every test I did. I can't claim to have tested it exhaustively, but everything I tried seemed to confirm a single pixel being toggled.

That's actually a very efficient way to toggle a pixel. Great idea, Joe! I hate to think that your RPL days are behind you, though. That's bad news indeed.
Find all posts by this user
06-13-2017, 04:23 AM
RE: Is DUP TLINE a reliable pixel toggler?
(06-12-2017 07:47 PM)DavidM Wrote:  I just ran through a series of tests with this, using both absolute coordinates and user coordinates, and it seemed to always toggle 1 pixel in every test I did. I can't claim to have tested it exhaustively, but everything I tried seemed to confirm a single pixel being toggled.

Thanks for testing it! Greatly appreciated!

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)