CMT EPROM Programmer Beeper
12-14-2017, 02:48 AM
CMT EPROM Programmer Beeper
I've recently acquired a CMT-71-P01 EPROM programmer for the 71B. It has what's been described as a paid-for special extra that very few programmers had, a beeper.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=11Ug177m-pRZ_Y...66Y7zCBoPW]

The beeper is an internally-driven variety connected between a power rail on the programmer and a pin on the microcontroller. If the Fail LED lights then the beeper beeps 3 times.

The EPROM in the programmer has the name Nick Reid on it and Nick wrote several articles for Datafile and CHHU back in the day.

I suspect that this "special extra" can be installed in a standard programmer by adding a beeper and probably reprogramming the firmware.

If anyone with a CMT-71-P01 is interested in installing this option in their programmer I can provide them with an image of my EPROM and I've found beepers on Mouser that should fit inside the case without modification.

Does anyone have any other info on this option?

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: CMT EPROM Programmer Beeper
What a strange thing... I aquired my first P01 about 8 years ago and it has the same beeper. The seller of my P01 is no longer active here so I doubt it's the same source. Maybe this beeper is a commercial addition?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2017, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2017 04:39 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
(12-15-2017 01:29 PM)HP-Collection Wrote:  What a strange thing... I aquired my first P01 about 8 years ago and it has the same beeper. The seller of my P01 is no longer active here so I doubt it's the same source. Maybe this beeper is a commercial addition?

Maybe not the same source, but apparently modified by the same person, who was probably Nick Reid. I figure whoever made the modifications had knowledge of the firmware. Did Nick work for CMT? I've found no mention of this mod in any of the journals.

If we knew who was paid extra for the mod and when, that would help.

Dave
01-21-2018, 06:58 PM
I've owned 2 CMT programmers over the years. One had the beeper on did not.

Mike
ipscone@msdsite.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)