HP-42 ROM entry points ?
12-16-2017, 03:18 PM
HP-42 ROM entry points ?
Hello,

I've been reading the forums and searching around for the HP-42S ROM entry points list. There are references to it... but where is the list ? Does anyone know ?

Thanks in advance !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: HP-42 ROM entry points ?
(12-16-2017 03:18 PM)Alejandro Paz(Germany) Wrote:  I've been reading the forums and searching around for the HP-42S ROM entry points list. There are references to it... but where is the list ? Does anyone know ?

V1N6 of HPX Exchange (available on Jake's DVD) lists some HP-42S Debugger Addresses; not sure if this is the same thing, but could be what you are referring to.

--Bob Prosperi
02-13-2024, 02:24 PM
RE: HP-42 ROM entry points ?
This was a very old question, but so far I have not seen any answer that really gives the answer the PO (or myself) seek.

For the HP48 and HP49 ROMs the list of entrypoints is known.

But I would like to know if there is such a list outside of the few people who actually know the HP42S (like Christoph Giesselink or Eric Rechlin for instance).

Second question: would it be illegal to start compiling an entrypoint list for the HP42S ROM if users study their own dumped ROMs and bring what they glean together in a shared document ?

I read that some entrypoints are common to the Saturn based calculators, and some are unique to a specific calculator. This can be seen in the entryppoint lists of 48/49, where part is common for both and part is unique to 48 or 49.

Any feedback would be most (really!) appreciated.

Gert

HP42S with C rom - HP48G without any changes (yet).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)