ASM not working on HP 49G+
01-10-2018, 09:15 PM
ASM not working on HP 49G+
I have been playing with the development functions on my 49G+ and I am unable
to assemble a test file using the ASM command on my 49G+ that assembles without errors on my 50G. I get numerous errors on the 49G+ with the asm error:Invalid file.
Here is the test source file:

LA 45A0
A=DAT0
D0=D0+5
PC=(A)
@

The exact same file assembles on my 50G without any errors. Is there a flag or other setting that I need to set or clear to get the assembler to work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: ASM not working on HP 49G+
(01-10-2018 09:15 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I have been playing with the development functions on my 49G+ and I am unable
to assemble a test file using the ASM command on my 49G+ that assembles without errors on my 50G. I get numerous errors on the 49G+ with the asm error:Invalid file.

LA 45A0
A=DAT0
D0=D0+5
PC=(A)
@

The exact same file assembles on my 50G without any errors. Is there a flag or other setting that I need to set or clear to get the assembler to work?

Are they both the same ROM version (s/b 2.15)?

Does the assembler work at all?

Does it work for SysRPL files OK, and only errors on ML, or does everything produce errors?

Try to disassemble a simple RPL program, they reassemble it; this should verify if all the plumbing is connected.

--Bob Prosperi
01-10-2018, 10:35 PM
(01-10-2018 09:15 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I have been playing with the development functions on my 49G+ and I am unable

LA 45A0
A=DAT0
D0=D0+5
PC=(A)
@

A couple things come to mind...

1) I believe you are missing a field designator in that second line; it should be "A=DAT0 A" for the Saturn code to compile correctly.

2) Have you installed the extable on your 49g+? I believe this program should still compile without it, as you aren't using any entry point definitions in the code. However, you'll most certainly need it later with other programs.

Hope this helps!
- David
01-11-2018, 02:12 AM
(01-10-2018 09:15 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  ... The exact same file assembles on my 50G without any errors. Is there a flag or other setting that I need to set or clear to get the assembler to work?

Yes: Flag -92 must be clear (asm mode), not set (SysRPL mode).

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2018, 02:22 AM
(01-11-2018 02:12 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(01-10-2018 09:15 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  ... The exact same file assembles on my 50G without any errors. Is there a flag or other setting that I need to set or clear to get the assembler to work?

Yes: Flag -92 must be clear (asm mode), not set (SysRPL mode).

Yes, Joe thanks. That was the problem.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)