Correct price for HP28s
09-17-2024, 12:12 PM
Correct price for HP28s
I found a HP28s, with manuals and original box.
The calculator is almost mint, so the manuals.
The carton box has signs of wear.

What is the correct price to pay for it?

Thank you

Marco
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2024, 12:51 PM
RE: Correct price for HP28s
Hello!

(09-17-2024 12:12 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  What is the correct price to pay for it?

As usual, this question is almost impossible to answer. The HP-28S has become a collectible with fewer and fewer being offered every year. The 120 Euros that the seller asks, if we talk about the same listing, are more or less what we keep seeing for these calculators in the last years.
On (ex eBay) calssifieds in germany there are only two HP-28S listed right now, one for 120 Euros and one for 190 Euros. One with manuals, the other without anything. Manuals alone are being offered around 20 Euros. So I guess the 120 with box (I personally don't care the least little bit about boxes and they are worth nothing to me as they only increase the bulk of the collection) and Italian manuals is a fair price. The Italian manuals must be a rarity of their own...

Regards
Max
09-17-2024, 02:07 PM
I sold mine (alone, without manual or box) for 42€ on ebay in March 2024 (and the 28C for 50€).
09-17-2024, 02:31 PM
Can‘t offer really useful advice but prices for 28s seem to vary quite a bit. They are probably cheaper on local classified ad websites if you find them and you always have the condition of the battery door as an unknown when buying by mail.
09-17-2024, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2024 02:52 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
(09-17-2024 02:31 PM)Siegfried Wrote:  ... and you always have the condition of the battery door as an unknown when buying by mail.

In the pictures of the eBay listing from Milan it looks OK. Of course, with these calculators, you never know if the battery door breaks the next time you change batteries. That is just such a crappy design.
BTW: I bought my HP-28S for 2 Euro but that was over ten years ago when they were still in plenty supply.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)