HP Forums
Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly (/thread-10882.html)

Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - Benjymon - 06-06-2018 10:14 PM

Hello,
Whenever I try to transfer a program through libhpcalcs, it transfers without errors, but when I try to run it on the calculator (it says it is 1k), the ! symbol (the ! inside the orange circle) shows and when I open it, there is just ?. Any ideas why this is happening and how I could fix it?
Thanks

RE: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - mfleming - 06-07-2018 01:01 AM

Any program transferred to the Prime needs to be compiled before running. Did you open the program in the editor and press the Check soft-key? If there is an error in your code, it should flag it and leave the cursor at the point where the compiler found a problem.

~Mark

RE: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - Tim Wessman - 06-07-2018 08:46 AM

Use the connkit and see if that works better.

RE: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - Tim Wessman - 06-07-2018 11:29 AM

Also, which file is it? Some authors do a plain text file that isnt really the correct file type.

The connkit handles that. I'm not sure if the other one does as it is really old.

RE: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - NomadVehr - 06-09-2018 04:23 PM

Hey Tim,

It´s a zip file, you just drag and drop it into the applications folder through the connectivity kit.
What I did is make a copy of the two variable statistics app, then put a pump icon to it.

Nomad

RE: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - Benjymon - 06-09-2018 05:13 PM

Thanks for all the responses.
I successfully transferred the program through the connkit, but I then encountered another problem. After transferring a few more programs, my calculator rebooted twice and reset the memory. now when I click the arrow next to my calculator to expand it, the connectivity kit crashes.
Thanks

RE: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - Tim Wessman - 06-10-2018 03:01 AM

Can you post the file? Seems like it is corrupted badly in some way.

Also, is your calculator up to date?

RE: Libhpcalcs will not transfer hpprgm properly - Benjymon - 06-10-2018 08:14 PM

My calculator is up to date, and here is what I was trying to transfer:

UPDATE: I realized that I was running the 2016 version of the ConnKit, and when I updated it stopped crashing.