HP Forums
Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? (/thread-11146.html)

Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - Dave Britten - 07-30-2018 04:29 PM

Is there some way to insert or delete rows or columns in the spreadsheet? I haven't been able to figure it out by experimentation, nor have I found any reference to this in the manual, or with a quick forum search.

RE: Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - Voldemar - 07-30-2018 08:57 PM

It seems that no.

RE: Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - cyrille de brébisson - 07-31-2018 05:22 AM

Hello,

Sorry , I still have not had time to work on this Sad

cyrille

RE: Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - scorpio72 - 08-01-2018 09:07 AM

Excellent remark! It would be great to have such functionality. One could program a kind of DB using the spreadsheet app. I would also suggest a sort and a search function (returning the cell coordinates where data is found) that we can use from a program to read the content of that cell.

RE: Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - Dave Britten - 08-01-2018 11:12 AM

Having it available as a programmable operation would be even more handy. But it's one of those things I consider to be part of bare-minimum functionality for a useful spreadsheet.

I'll have to stick to my Casio for doing small spreadsheets for the time being. ;D (The Casio spreadsheet has its own share of limitations, of course, but they can frequently be worked around with clever layout...)

RE: Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - Eddie W. Shore - 08-05-2018 01:26 AM

You're right, I can't insert/delete rows/spreadsheets either. Not even on the latest firmware.

RE: Spreadsheet: insert/delete rows/columns? - scorpio72 - 08-05-2018 07:35 AM

I would propose something like:
Rinsert(Row,v1,v2,v3,v4...) if Row exists it will be replaced, to add at the end, Row=0
Cinsert(Col,v1,v2,v3,v4...) if Col exists it will be replaced, to add at the end, Col=0
Rdelete(Row,[0,1]) where 0=without rest rows shift, 1=with rest rows shift
Cdelete(Col,[0,1]) where 0=without rest cols shift, 1=with rest cols shift
Cell(Row,Col,Value):=x
Sort(Col,[0,1]) where 0=Ascendant and 1=Descendant
CellSearch(value) to retrun 0 if not found or a table with Rows, Cols of occurrences of the cells containing the value
SSSave(filename) to save the current spreadsheet on the flash memory
SSOpen(filename) to load the saved spreadsheet and replace the existing
SSDelete(filename) to delete a saved spreadsheet from the flash memory

Of course, the naming of the commands is subjective

This would open a new perspectives and indeed push far away the limits of the HP Prime