HP Forums
HMS numbers in the Spreadsheet App [SOLVED] - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: HMS numbers in the Spreadsheet App [SOLVED] (/thread-11331.html)

HMS numbers in the Spreadsheet App [SOLVED] - JMB - 09-03-2018 05:51 PM

I was working with the Spreadsheet App, when I found that HMS numbers cannot be entered directly into cells, because the [shift] [a b/c] key does not work.

I want to enter 8°30' in cell A1, so I press [8] and then [shift] [a b/c], but this key does nothing (the ° does not appear after the 8).

I have found two workarounds:
  1. Inside the Spreadsheet App I can Type →HMS(8.5) [Enter], and I get 8°30'00" in cell A1.
  2. In HOME I type 8°30' using [shift] [a b/c] as usual, then I start de Spreadsheet App and use [shift] [Menu] to paste 8°30' from HOME into cell A1.

So, is it really not possible to use [shift] [a b/c] inside the Spreadsheet App, or am I doing something wrong?

RE: HMS numbers in the Spreadsheet App - CyberAngel - 09-03-2018 06:16 PM

(09-03-2018 05:51 PM)JMB Wrote:  I was working with the Spreadsheet App, when I found that HMS numbers cannot be entered directly into cells, because the [shift] [a b/c] key does not work.

I want to enter 8°30' in cell A1, so I press [8] and then [shift] [a b/c], but this key does nothing (the ° does not appear after the 8).

I have found two workarounds:
  1. Inside the Spreadsheet App I can Type →HMS(8.5) [Enter], and I get 8°30'00" in cell A1.
  2. In HOME I type 8°30' using [shift] [a b/c] as usual, then I start de Spreadsheet App and use [shift] [Menu] to paste 8°30' from HOME into cell A1.

So is it really not possible to use [shift] [a b/c] inside the Spreadsheet App, or am I doing something wrong?

I use the template key (It's also Shift Units or Alpha C)
HMS template is in the lower right corner
It gives you all of the separators at once,
but you have to move the cursor

RE: HMS numbers in the Spreadsheet App - JMB - 09-03-2018 06:30 PM

(09-03-2018 06:16 PM)CyberAngel Wrote:  I use the template key (It's also Shift Units or Alpha C)
HMS template is in the lower right corner
It gives you all of the separators at once,
but you have to move the cursor

Thanks, your workaround is better than the ones I found.

RE: HMS numbers in the Spreadsheet App - Tim Wessman - 09-04-2018 05:00 AM

Thanks, you question reminded me to fix this.

It now will work anywhere in an editor while the CAS indicator is not lit up.

RE: HMS numbers in the Spreadsheet App - JMB - 11-01-2018 10:41 AM

(09-04-2018 05:00 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Thanks, you question reminded me to fix this.

It now will work anywhere in an editor while the CAS indicator is not lit up.

Solved in new version 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16). Thanks Tim!