HP Forums
Demo_PISERIES program shows blank screen - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Demo_PISERIES program shows blank screen (/thread-11578.html)

Demo_PISERIES program shows blank screen - toml_12953 - 10-11-2018 09:53 AM

I'm trying to run the Demo_PISERIES program from the TEXTOUT Help screen.

All I get is a blank, white screen. Other graphics programs I wrote myself work fine so I'm pretty sure the hardware is good. It's a G2 with the latest Beta firmware.

RE: Demo_PISERIES program shows blank screen - Tim Wessman - 10-11-2018 10:26 AM

Rad/deg setting problem? (Just a guess, did not look at the source)

RE: Demo_PISERIES program shows blank screen - Didier Lachieze - 10-11-2018 11:16 AM

(10-11-2018 09:53 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  All I get is a blank, white screen.

What are your values for Xmin, Xmax, Ymin and Ymax? These are defining the visible part of the cartesian plane. It should match with the area where the TEXTOUT instructions in the Demo_PISERIES program are printing.
Try with: Xmin=-10, Xmax=10, Ymin=-10, Ymax=10

RE: Demo_PISERIES program shows blank screen - cyrille de brébisson - 10-12-2018 06:08 AM

Hello,

I just tried it and the program worked fine...
My best guess is that, since the program is using TEXTOUT and not TEXTOUT_P, you have a non-default value for the cartesian plan.
Select function app, go to plot setup and reset the values (shift clear), it should then work.

Cyrille

RE: Demo_PISERIES program shows blank screen - toml_12953 - 10-12-2018 02:10 PM

(10-12-2018 06:08 AM)cyrille de brĂ©bisson Wrote:  Hello,

I just tried it and the program worked fine...
My best guess is that, since the program is using TEXTOUT and not TEXTOUT_P, you have a non-default value for the cartesian plan.
Select function app, go to plot setup and reset the values (shift clear), it should then work.

Cyrille

Quite correct! I had just plotted sin/cos/tan curves and didn't change the coordinates back. When I changed them to x: -10 to 10, y:-10 to 10 the demo worked.

Thanks to all who answered!