HP Forums
Warning level - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Warning level (/thread-129.html)

Warning level - Geoff Quickfall - 12-16-2013 08:56 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

what is a warning level, mine is 0%. is that something everyone sees or just on your own posts when you sign in.

i don't see it on any one elses name.

Geoff
warning level 0%

"0 STO C"

RE: Warning level - Kevin Ouellet - 12-16-2013 09:02 PM

If the moderators decide to use this warning level in particular rather than their own methods of warning, then this would mean that when they warn a member, they increase their warning to a certain percentage. Depending of the forum configuration, at certain percentages there can be lost privileges or manual punishments. For example, on a forum that existed a few years ago, at 50% you were banned one week and at 100% permanently. Some sites just have the warning increase by a fixed amount on each warning, like 10%, and it slowly decreases over time.

RE: Warning level - Katie Wasserman - 12-16-2013 10:15 PM

Everbody has a warning level, but you only see your own.

RE: Warning level - Geoff Quickfall - 12-16-2013 11:52 PM

I know i am not paranoid, i KNOW every one is against me

;-)

thanks Katie

RE: Warning level - David Shenk - 12-17-2013 12:05 AM

You know what happens to people that ask questions about their warning level...

RE: Warning level - Geoff Quickfall - 12-17-2013 01:32 AM

Type 'Goeff' (misspelled Geoff) into your MAC/APPLE/iPad ...

It comes up with one auto suggestion :-)

RE: Warning level - Dave Britten - 12-17-2013 02:05 PM

It's mostly just used for people singing praises of the 49g.

RE: Warning level - bhtooefr - 12-17-2013 02:32 PM

The 49G isn't a half bad way to get TI types converted to the HP religion though, due to the price...

RE: Warning level - Dave Britten - 12-17-2013 02:43 PM

(12-17-2013 02:32 PM)bhtooefr Wrote:  The 49G isn't a half bad way to get TI types converted to the HP religion though, due to the price...

And it's not a bad way to give them RSI, with that keyboard. Wink

RE: Warning level - d b - 12-17-2013 08:05 PM

It's as Kevin said. More exactly; the 10% is variable and the time it is applied is also subject to "gastronomic jurisprudence" upon entry. This is a much more complex program than the one Dave wrote but as such; it has functions we don't need or won't use in the way intended. He's still tuning it too.

"99 & 44/100ths" of what the moderators are looking for is spam & Nigerian scams getting through the new system because really; we're all so nice here.

That said Geoff: You gonna be havin some warnings if you don't get that repair book of yours published and up for sale. I've got broken calculators waiting.