HP Forums
Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs (/thread-13224.html)

Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - Michael Zinn - 07-02-2019 12:58 PM

If your programs get too complicated, it can be helpful to put sticky notes directly on the calculator instead of keeping them on a separate piece of paper. Especially if you want to remember which digits on the display correspond to which value if you display multiple values at the same time.

[Image: ktTsnBjl.jpg]

Code:
combined: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13223.html
only Tridom: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-10563.html
only Skat: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13222.html

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - Valentin Albillo - 07-02-2019 10:07 PM

(07-02-2019 12:58 PM)Michael Zinn Wrote:  If your programs get too complicated, it can be helpful to put sticky notes directly on the calculator instead of keeping them on a separate piece of paper. Especially if you want to remember which digits on the display correspond to which value if you display multiple values at the same time.

[Image: ktTsnBjl.jpg]

Poor thing, that HP-11C ... Sad

V.

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - derekamos - 07-03-2019 01:10 AM

Hp41 keyboard templates were a good idea, but nowadays the emulator has even greater benefits. See the following image I use for the V41 with my idea of the way to use sticky-labels:
[attachment=7427]
DA. (Now I think I've got it all )

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - Dwight Sturrock - 07-03-2019 01:49 AM

Great idea! Hard to remember the details once you get a few programs in a HP15C.

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - Ángel Martin - 07-03-2019 04:19 AM

(07-03-2019 01:10 AM)derekamos Wrote:  Hp41 keyboard templates were a good idea, but nowadays the emulator has even greater benefits. See the following image I use for the V41 with my idea of the way to use sticky-labels:

Ouch! My eyes hurt (more than usual, that is ;-)
Just kidding, whatever works for you is more than fine.

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - Massimo Gnerucci - 07-03-2019 09:09 AM

(07-03-2019 04:19 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 01:10 AM)derekamos Wrote:  Hp41 keyboard templates were a good idea, but nowadays the emulator has even greater benefits. See the following image I use for the V41 with my idea of the way to use sticky-labels:

Ouch! My eyes hurt (more than usual, that is ;-)
Just kidding, whatever works for you is more than fine.

Mine are bleeding! ;)

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - derekamos - 07-03-2019 09:32 AM

Well that V41 image has been worked on over a fair while, & added to as new software needs develop (XEQ+ for instance, notice the bright green outlines & lettering). It also has a picture-enhancing bright layer, so the colors are on the to-bright side.
This enables seeing the template easier. It's the same size as the LARGE.bmp in the V41 directory, & was based on those old flat plastic overlay templates that clip onto the 41, & its only a memory jog device, saves me looking up help doc's.
DA

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - burkhard - 07-03-2019 07:32 PM

Looking at the labels (and game supply hints at left) like you have programs set up for two different sorts of games:
1. Tri-ominos (triangular dominoes)
2. The traditional 3-handed German card game Skat.

What functions do the programs perform for these? Anything you'd like to share?

thanks!

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - ijabbott - 07-03-2019 07:59 PM

(07-03-2019 07:32 PM)burkhard Wrote:  Looking at the labels (and game supply hints at left) like you have programs set up for two different sorts of games:
1. Tri-ominos (triangular dominoes)
2. The traditional 3-handed German card game Skat.

What functions do the programs perform for these? Anything you'd like to share?

thanks!

He already shared! (11C) combined Skat and Tridom scoreboard.

RE: Tip: Use differently colored sticky notes for complex programs - BruceH - 07-05-2019 10:10 PM

DA. (Now I think I've got it all )

I've seen it all now - a Halloween costume for an HP-41!!

;-)