HP Forums
The calculator I always wanted - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: The calculator I always wanted (/thread-13603.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The calculator I always wanted - john gustaf stebbins - 03-14-2021 11:16 PM

Since the limitations are with Symja, I'll readjust my expectations.

I'll play with this some more and see if I can come up with better ideas on how to make it work.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 03-25-2021 02:11 PM

I released a new beta today.
  • Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese have been professionally translated; German, Russian, Korean, and simplified/traditional Chinese have been machine translated.
  • I made a lot of usability improvements to the equation solver. Adding units in the previous beta revealed some overall clunkiness that I wanted to fix.
  • I had to update the in-app purchasing to comply with Google's new standards. This should only affect buyers who defer payment.
I unfortunately realized a little too late that a compiler flag I changed to help me debug was doubling the size of the app install. I'll rebuild for final release, but since the beta already went out, I figured I'd let the testers bang on it a few days.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 03-30-2021 07:52 PM

There is still a problem with 1.3.0 that causes a lot of weird crashes. To the best of my knowledge, if you turn off Alternate Answers in 2nd -> MODE it will avoid the crash in all of these scenarios. I'll fix it before final release.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - BINUBALL - 03-31-2021 12:13 AM

(03-25-2021 02:11 PM)vanLudwig Wrote:  I released a new beta today.
  • Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese have been professionally translated; German, Russian, Korean, and simplified/traditional Chinese have been machine translated.
  • I made a lot of usability improvements to the equation solver. Adding units in the previous beta revealed some overall clunkiness that I wanted to fix.
  • I had to update the in-app purchasing to comply with Google's new standards. This should only affect buyers who defer payment.
I unfortunately realized a little too late that a compiler flag I changed to help me debug was doubling the size of the app install. I'll rebuild for final release, but since the beta already went out, I figured I'd let the testers bang on it a few days.
I want to examine korean translation. How can I do that?

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 03-31-2021 12:24 AM

It uses the locale settings from Android. On my phone, that's Settings -> System -> Languages & input -> Language.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - BINUBALL - 03-31-2021 01:32 AM

I installed beta Acron Calculator, There is some typo I found on first screen.

30 일 무료 평가판 -> 30일 무료 평가판
구성 구독로 이동하여 -> 구성 구독로 이동하여

..I think I have to fix so many typos..

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 03-31-2021 07:21 PM

If you're legitimately interested in doing the Korean translation, modifying the resx file is the best way to do it. It's just a simple xml file; you can edit it in any text editor.

I gave Demosthenes lifetime subscriptions for up to 5 people for doing the German translation. I would gladly do the same for you.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - BINUBALL - 03-31-2021 11:51 PM

One question, where is ModePage_ComplexLabel? I got into 2nd - MODE and I can't find any complex mode.
There is also bug that crashes app, first set approx mode and press 2 + 3 2nd 9 ENTER. Click answer 2+i*3 DEG->DMS. It crashes.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 04-01-2021 12:17 AM

I haven't gotten around to implementing polar complex numbers (I think there's also strings for polar vectors in ModePage). I suppressed them in the UI until I decide to implement the functionality.

I don't see a crash doing deg->dms in Approx. I'm assuming you have your device in Korean? Does that use a period or a comma as the decimal?

RE: The calculator I always wanted - BINUBALL - 04-01-2021 12:31 AM

(04-01-2021 12:17 AM)vanLudwig Wrote:  I haven't gotten around to implementing polar complex numbers (I think there's also strings for polar vectors in ModePage). I suppressed them in the UI until I decide to implement the functionality.

I don't see a crash doing deg->dms in Approx. I'm assuming you have your device in Korean? Does that use a period or a comma as the decimal?
Set Decimal Format digit beyond 15, (ex. 21 digits) and enter 2+3i deg->dms. It stopped.
It doesn't crash when Decimal Format digit is below 15.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 04-01-2021 02:36 PM

Yep, decimal precision > 15 digits is the key. I'll add it to my todo list.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 04-07-2021 06:10 PM

Version 1.3 was released to the general public yesterday.
  • All of the quirky crashes from the alternate answers have been resolved
  • Complex answers no longer allow you to use dms conversion
  • Kelvin <-> Rankine conversions were backwards (i.e. the scale factor was inverted)
Other than that, the functionality is identical to the previous beta.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - BINUBALL - 04-12-2021 07:02 AM

I forgot about translation long day before. I have to start again, so I upload current progress of korean translation. I think it is 40% done.

RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 04-13-2021 11:11 PM

Looks good so far. Here's some screenshots with your changes in place.