HP Forums
Is the Casio Community website broken? (I am not a robot) - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not remotely HP Calculators (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Is the Casio Community website broken? (I am not a robot) (/thread-13957.html)

Is the Casio Community website broken? (I am not a robot) - StephenG1CMZ - 11-08-2019 12:06 AM

This community Casio website seems broken.
https://community.casiocalc.org/
I have tried to create an account a few times now but keep failing the Robot checks.
And I haven't seen any "contact us" email.

Although it has a few 2019 posts, the last announcement was in 2016...?

RE: Is the Casio Community website broken? - rprosperi - 11-08-2019 02:05 AM

I just registered successfully, it seems to be working OK.

When you enter the 'security code' from the colored window, be sure to carefully enter UPPER or lower case, matching each original character.

Many topics have recent posts (Sep/Oct 19) but there is not as much traffic as the community here.

RE: Is the Casio Community website broken? - EdS2 - 11-08-2019 08:04 AM

On one forum I kept failing the robot check because I assumed hitting return would submit my code - but no, it turned out I needed to click submit.

RE: Is the Casio Community website broken? (No, but I am a robot) - StephenG1CMZ - 11-08-2019 08:45 AM

Is that a 6-character string?
(then I'm stuck)
Or is there a faint 7th character?
(Am I slightly colourblind?)

RE: Is the Casio Community website broken? (No, but I am a robot) - jebem - 11-08-2019 10:59 AM

(11-08-2019 08:45 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  Is that a 6-character string?
(then I'm stuck)
Or is there a faint 7th character?
(Am I slightly colourblind?)

It didn't work for me either for more than ten retries in a row.
They are not happy with a difficult to read 6 characters security code, they had to ask an additional "math" question as well.
No matter how many times I refresh the security code to get a more readable one and type it in, I always get that stupid error message telling me that the security code is wrong.

Then I closed the browser, and tried again from scratch.
This time I was asked about "What is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything + 13" (I answered 55), instead of that complicated long arithmetic calculation I was getting initially (I answered 17 to that).
I got lucky and I was able to read the proposed six chars/numbers security code that I entered assuming case sensitivity, and clicked the register button at the bottom.
It worked flawlessly at first try.

I got a mail answer (cataloged as junk email) with further instruction on how to activate my account, and I was able to successfully login after that.

My guess is that this is a bug or, as they call it these days, an interoperability issue between the web server application and the client browser. We fail the 1st try, and then no matter how correct our answer is, it will fail every time until we kill the client and try from a fresh session.

RE: Is the Casio Community website broken? (No, but I am a robot) - StephenG1CMZ - 11-08-2019 04:50 PM

Good suggestion jebem.
Three "force close" of Chrome and delete all tabs, and I am finally human again.
I wonder what my first post there will be about?

(My next challenge is to convince the automatic soap dispensers... Perhaps my hands are colder than a humans Smile ).

RE: Is the Casio Community website broken? (I am not a robot) - BruceH - 11-08-2019 06:38 PM

(11-08-2019 04:50 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  (My next challenge is to convince the automatic soap dispensers... Perhaps my hands are colder than a humans Smile ).

Surely Casios aren't so bad you have to wash your hands after touching one?
:-)

RE: Is the Casio Community website broken? (I am not a robot) - DA74254 - 11-08-2019 08:01 PM

Worked for me on the second try.
So, if I find that nit who invented that robot-stuff, I'll force him to take a very long walk on a very short dock..