HP Forums
Can't delete a message posted by mistake - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues and Administration (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Can't delete a message posted by mistake (/thread-14136.html)

Can't delete a message posted by mistake - Valentin Albillo - 12-09-2019 05:18 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to delete the first message in a new thread I've just posted by mistake (intended "Preview" but hit "Post") in the General Forum but I can't. It always says:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Is this functionality disabled ? What am I doing wrong ? I've tried four times, no success.

Anyway, please delete the post on my behalf if you're so kind.

Thanks and best regards.
V.

RE: Can't delete a message posted by mistake - Dave Hicks - 12-11-2019 04:06 AM

Is this the post you want to have deleted?

RE: Can't delete a message posted by mistake - Valentin Albillo - 12-12-2019 01:14 AM

Hi, David:

(12-11-2019 04:06 AM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  Is this the post you want to have deleted?

No, that post is perfectly alright, please leave it as is.

The one I wanted deleted was a Draft I was creating but my mistake, I hit the "Post" button instead of the "Preview" button.

I then tried to delete the newly created thread but even though I checked the checkbox and hit the "Delete now" button (and no replies existed at that time, I realized my error immediately), it said that I couldn't and wouldn't delete it no matter how many times I tried (about four).

Fortunately some moderator listened to my plea and deleted it within a few hours or less, so the post I wanted deleted actually was, case closed. Smile

However, you might want to have a look at the deletion mechanism because it might be the case that there's some bug or misconfiguration (permissions and such).

Thank you very much for your reply.
Regards.
V.

RE: Can't delete a message posted by mistake - Dave Hicks - 12-12-2019 03:01 AM

That sounds normal. Users can delete threads only in the classifieds. (Deleting the first post means deleting a thread.)

OK - glad it's taken care of.

RE: Can't delete a message posted by mistake - StephenG1CMZ - 12-12-2019 11:48 PM

I seem to remember being able to delete in the past...
I have a duplicate post:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14162.html