HP Forums
SecHP for the HP Prime - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: SecHP for the HP Prime (/thread-14832.html)

SecHP for the HP Prime - Edwin - 04-11-2020 09:57 PM

SecHP is a program for calculating the area, center of gravity, moments of inertia and main angle of composite geometric figures.

download link: https://www.hpcalc.org/details/9136

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - victorvbc - 04-12-2020 01:17 AM

Awesome!

Thank you, this will be very useful.

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - Aries - 04-12-2020 07:45 AM

Thanks Edwin, very well done Wink
Happy Easter and best,

Aries Smile

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - akmon - 04-12-2020 05:00 PM

Thank you very much. Another jewel for my prime. It´s the best program for moments of inertia I´ve ever seen.

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - Giancarlo - 04-14-2020 08:11 PM

Hello Edwin,
Your interfaces are very very nice!
I used for a while the structural analysis module in the hp41 to do some calculation on some hollow profiles. It is clearly visible the huge evolution in computing.

Thanks

Giancarlo

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - Hlib - 04-14-2020 08:25 PM

If I wanted to reduce sales of HP-Prime, I would take this video for advertising.

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - rprosperi - 04-14-2020 09:36 PM

(04-14-2020 08:25 PM)Hlib Wrote:  If I wanted to reduce sales of HP-Prime, I would take this video for advertising.

That seems unnecessarily harsh with no substantiation. Perhaps you could explain why?

Also, it seems unlikely to me that a potential customer wondering if they should buy a Prime might choose an advanced topic like this, from a user (and not from HP) as a source of information to help make a buying choice.

I think it's a pretty interesting application, that uses many of the unique and best features of the Prime; my only disappointment is I wish the manual was in English.

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - akmon - 04-15-2020 09:18 AM

(04-14-2020 08:25 PM)Hlib Wrote:  If I wanted to reduce sales of HP-Prime, I would take this video for advertising.

I´m also interested to know the reasons of why this video would reduce the sales of the Prime.

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - Hlib - 04-19-2020 12:05 PM

Operating with the emulator (especially in landscape orientation) looks more dynamic and comfortable than on a physical HP-Prime. I even thought about buying a suitable phablet or netbook for such an emulator, but not of buying a calculator.

RE: SecHP for the HP Prime - CyberAngel - 04-19-2020 05:19 PM

(04-19-2020 12:05 PM)Hlib Wrote:  Operating with the emulator (especially in landscape orientation) looks more dynamic and comfortable than on a physical HP-Prime. I even thought about buying a suitable phablet or netbook for such an emulator, but not of buying a calculator.

That's why 1i think the next HP Prime should be a wallet model.
Exactly the 2/3 of the current model is the perfect keyboard.
Keep it!
Then cut and move the display to the left side (the top 1/3)
and finally double the size of the display on the left so that it exactly matches the kb.
Make the display as thin as possible
Let the display close as a wallet or lid over the kb on the left and power off the calculator.
Remember the pogo pins behind the calculator - for expansion.
The keyboard needs an overlay - just like the HP-41 C (or HP-71B)
I like the old HP-28C/HP-18C design
Replace the left side A...Z with a double height LCD.
- -
VPN