HP Forums
Most Treasured HP Collectible - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Most Treasured HP Collectible (/thread-14854.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Most Treasured HP Collectible - tuxfish - 04-23-2020 01:02 AM

There are three:
an HP-32E ('78) + HP-41C ('79) given to me in Middle School and accompanying me ever since.
An HP-12C of '86 spurred my interest in the Voyager Series.
Although its front being slightly battered/dented now, it's a reliable little fellow when travelling
that fits well into any shirt pocket and continues to deliver excellent at financial transactions.

Subsequent models - with the exception of the 48SX/G/GX - never reached the same feeling for me Wink

RE: Most Treasured HP Collectible - Eddie W. Shore - 04-23-2020 02:48 PM

HP 12C: at first I wasn't so crazy about it, but now it's one my favorite calculators of all time. I have a HP 12C Platinum Edition 25th Anniversary Edition that my father used for a time.

HP 42S: my favorite RPN calculator. I use this and the DM42 a lot.

HP 71B: doesn't get as much use as I would like. I won a 71B as a door prize at a HHC conference.

RE: Most Treasured HP Collectible - Erik-M - 04-24-2020 06:24 PM

My HP41C , I bought it in 1984 for 791,10 dutch guilders after working on a farm cleaning flower bulbs for a month.
Most students do this kind of work in summer to earn something, spent all on it.
One year later I did the same and bought the cardreader, I still have the handwritten bills.
Two years later I bought the battery pack charger quad memory and x functions.
I do most calculations in Matlab and python nowadays but still use this one to check my code.

RE: Most Treasured HP Collectible - PeterP - 04-28-2020 04:37 PM

For me its my 41CY. Its the machine I lusted after as a teenager, insanely out of my reach back then. I still recall the day I got mine, with integrated 2x memory modules (what a cable mess that is inside...).

It makes me happy to look at and use every single time I do, though these days I have a CL connected with a USB power cable from Diego to all my workstations so I don't worry about batteries and can use any and all modules without a problem.

With the inevitable coffee or water around my every day work I was getting scared to use the CY given it can sell for a few months rent (I sold a few pieces of HP collectibles to pay for my rent in France when getting my MSc in Space Science back in 2012)

I will be forever grateful to the person who sold me their CY. You know who you are, thank you!

Cheers

PeterP

RE: Most Treasured HP Collectible - Klondor36 - 04-28-2020 06:01 PM

My 48G as it was my first intro into HP in the early 90's in Engineering School and my 41CV as it was given to me by my Team Lead at a place I worked at.