HP Forums
pushed the button - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: pushed the button (/thread-1527.html)

pushed the button - Glenn Becker - 06-03-2014 04:53 PM

Despite the caveats flying around the forum, I've gone ahead and ordered a Prime. *

There are a couple of reasons for this:

1) A few months ago I purchased a used ThinkPad, and am (sigh) going to keep a small Windows partition on it not only for calc-related stuff but for music management (which I have found to be fraught with peril under Linux).

2) I finished all my work for an online Cosmology course on May 23, then went hiking on May 24 and promptly had a heart attack. So the Prime is a small reward for having survived (I'm doing well, am back at work for 1/2 days this week, etc.).

Cheers,

Glenn

* I also ordered a 2nd WP34s!

RE: pushed the button - Helge Gabert - 06-03-2014 05:03 PM

Good for you!

You'll like the Prime - - it's fun - - and if it is not, at least it will be interesting!

RE: pushed the button - rprosperi - 06-03-2014 05:19 PM

(06-03-2014 04:53 PM)Glenn Becker Wrote:  ...I've gone ahead and ordered a Prime. *

... I purchased a used ThinkPad,

... I also ordered a 2nd WP34s!

Hope you get well soon. In the interim it appears you have all the toys (tools!) necessary to keep you busy while you heal. Doesn't sound all that bad described the way you laid it out Wink

RE: pushed the button - eried - 06-03-2014 05:38 PM

(06-03-2014 04:53 PM)Glenn Becker Wrote:  So the Prime is a small reward for having survived (I'm doing well, am back at work for 1/2 days this week, etc.).

Maybe you will want to stay away from reading the latest topics in the forum (to prevent an extra mini-heart-attack) Big Grin for a few days

RE: pushed the button - Thomas Radtke - 06-03-2014 05:59 PM

(06-03-2014 05:38 PM)eried Wrote:  Maybe you will want to stay away from reading the latest topics in the forum (to prevent an extra mini-heart-attack) :D for a few days
In case a pacemaker will be needed, it cannot hurt to have no radio nearby ;-).

Black humor, sorry.

RE: pushed the button - jebem - 06-03-2014 09:07 PM

(06-03-2014 04:53 PM)Glenn Becker Wrote:  Despite the caveats flying around the forum, I've gone ahead and ordered a Prime. *
Cheers,
Glenn
* I also ordered a 2nd WP34s!

That was my decision back in February on my birthday, when my wife asked me to choose the gift that I would like to have.
Despite all the stories around the net about the Prime, I wanted to check it myself.
It has been fun, amusing, annoying, frustrating and above all, entertaining.

I have been in the WP-34S path as well. Impressive, precise, and powerful RPN machine. Now let's wait for the next project, the WP-43S...

I wish you a fast recovery!

RE: pushed the button - Jsather - 06-03-2014 09:44 PM

Was that heart attack before or after your new calculator started freezing up on you?

Just kidding, Glenn. Glad you're still enjoying the big show Smile

RE: pushed the button - toml_12953 - 06-03-2014 10:36 PM

(06-03-2014 04:53 PM)Glenn Becker Wrote:  Despite the caveats flying around the forum, I've gone ahead and ordered a Prime. *

I hope you specified a new model!

RE: pushed the button - cyrille de brébisson - 06-04-2014 06:10 AM

Hello,

<<<<< Humour content disclamer!!! >>>>>>
Quote:2) I finished all my work for an online Cosmology course on May 23, then went hiking on May 24 and promptly had a heart attack. So the Prime is a small reward for having survived (I'm doing well, am back at work for 1/2 days this week, etc.).

HO MY GOD, YOU HAD A HEART ATTACK AND YOU PURCHASED A PRIME! HAVE YOU READ THIS FORUM BEFORE!!!! DO YOU REALY WANT TO RELAPSE?

<<<<</ Humour content disclamer!!! >>>>>>

You have all my best wishes for prompt improvement!
Enjoy your prime and do not hesitate to post your questions and suxesses!

Cyrille

RE: pushed the button - CosmicTruth - 06-04-2014 11:11 AM

(06-03-2014 04:53 PM)Glenn Becker Wrote:  had a heart attack. So the Prime is a small reward for having survived

Hope you get better, and it never happens again. I was in a roll-over auto accident right after I bought my 41C, that was around 1979. I was 6 months bedridden and still can't program Smile

RE: pushed the button - Glenn Becker - 06-04-2014 04:19 PM

This thread made me laugh. Thanks to all! :^)

(rubs hands together, anticipating new tech toy)

/Glenn